Yamaha F-310

EugeneSmasher

Jeek reviews

13052009.jpg

Hi all, just literally got a Yamaha F-310CS free. It is pretty beat-up, and belonged to my sister before it changed hands to my mother and finally to me, since it's a pretty good guitar for the money and shouldn't be sitting around gathering dust. So I polished it, tuned it, and had a go with it.

My impression on its appearance is that it's decent. It doesn't look great, it is very 'barebones' as other than the sunburst top, there's no bindings or fanciful stuff to make it look great. Furthermore, the fretboard doesn't look too good. It's rosewood but it looks a bit yellowish, and certainly looks 'cheap'.

Aside from the rather bland appearances, it was a joy to play because it had volume and projection, but surprisingly, a warm mid-bright tone without those unpleasant overtones. It just sounded really pleasant, well-balanced between bright and mellow, and rich.

It's quite reliable, as in it doesn't go out of tune much. It can stay in tune, something many other guitars of its price range just cannot do. It just feels great (the guitar's very light). The neck has a curved V-profile to it that just feels great. A little chunky but very easy on the hand.

So yeah, considering its price range, this guitar is very bang-for-buck. I've always been impressed with Yamaha acoustic guitars. I've played some higher-end ones (CPXs and L series) and obviously they're a lot better but for this price range, this guitar's hard to beat. It sounds great, plays great, and looks decent. It serves its purpose. That is Yamaha for you.

Specs in a nutshell:
- Laminate spruce top,
- Meranti back and sides,
- NATO neck,
- Rosewood fretboard.

At Yamaha outlets, this retails between $200-250. I got mine free so I can't say the exact price I paid for it. Great for beginners, and for intermediate players who want an easy-jet guitar that will serve its purpose.

More reviews at: http://www.jeek-reviews.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Back