WTS: Near Mint Roscoe SKB3006 (with spalted purpleheart fingerboard)

tcydennis

This is a mint and beautiful looking Roscoe SKB 3006 bass, with not even a single scratch or ding on this bass. Its action is low, and the neck is extremely comfortable despite being a 6 string (a rather flat profile). The tone is incredible and it cuts through really well in a live band setting (many reviews say that a Sadowsky cuts through well in mix, but I have owned a Sadowsky MV5 before and I would say this Roscoe beats the Sadowsky hands down). The spalted purpleheart fingerboard is relatively unique and is definitely a head turner on stage (if am not wrong, these fingerboards are getting rarer on newly made Roscoe basses). See photos below to appreciate.

The specs are as follows:

Myrtle Burl top
Myrtle body (with a “sunburst” finish on the back)
Bartolini soapbar pickups
Bartolini 3-band preamp
Maple/Purpleheart/Maple neck
Spalted purpleheart fingerboard
Black hardware
35” scale, 24 frets

Comes with Roscoe foam hard case .
Bass also has Jim Dunlops Straploks installed, and will include a black Levys broad padded strap.

Reasons for selling: I bought this hoping to learn to play a 6-string. However, I have been too busy to make much progress. So I think I will stick to 5s… I can’t bear to sell this beauty, but GAS is really strong and I just bought another 5-string bass (a rare Mitsuru Sutoh signature Moon bass from Japan).

Price: $3200.

I want to sell, but not desperate to sell – so please no lowballers. I know people will ask about trades – I will consider lower price neck-through basses with narrower neck width / string spacing e.g. Peavey Cirrus 5, Ibanez SR premium series 5-strings, Ibanez BTB premium series 5-strings (with top-up from your end). Condition of bass has to be excellent or near-mint.

Whatsapp / sms 9-four-2-4-seven-3-7-zero to discuss

Back