SOLD WTS MIJ Fender Jazzmaster (Olympic White, black pickguard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektric1

Hi there,

I am looking to sell an Olympic White Fender Jazzmaster MIJ. Product dating suggests that this was made in 1994.
Managed to get this guitar off a friend of mine who lives in Japan and has often looked out for guitars in the Japanese 2nd hand market that are different to the generic Japanese fenders.

This guitar has been gigged with the previous owner as it has with me when I was in Australia. Having just returned back to Singapore, I do not have the space for most of my guitars and as such will have to let go of a couple of them.

When I bought this guitar, it did not come with the rhythm circuit and I had one fixed up by Beez back in 2012. This guitar does not have the usual 60s style Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustang bridges that come with Japanese fenders ( they are known to have the strings 'pop' out when strumming pretty hard) and i have replaced it with a tune-o-matic bridge, much in the style of J Mascis Jazzmasters.

The key feature that makes this guitar different is that they have original MIA Fender Jazzmaster pickups ( the Japanese ones are basically Strat pickups housed in a Jazzmaster pickup casing). As such, for lack of better phrasing, this Jazzmaster sounds like a Jazzmaster should and not a strat.

I am more than happy to share further details and photos of this guitar and do contact me at 90685221 via whatsapp or SMS.

Given that this guitar has been used extensively by the previous owner and then to a lesser degree by me, i'd prefer to say that it is in players' condition but it is entirely functional and from that standpoint has been maintained properly.

Price: $1300

Thank you!

Ps: I would rather not deal with lowballers but can say that if you are in the market for a proper Jazzmaster but would rather not fork out the prices for an American made one, I do suggest you consider this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back