WTS Blueridge BR-183. GREAT OM

leontwang

Hi guys, looking to offload the above because i'm looking to downgrade

Condition is fantastic, almost immaculate and there are NO scratches or dings at all on the guitar.

Its thinner than usual top makes it project really loud and well. AMAZING for fingerpicking and does much better than many other OM sized guitars in terms of strumming as well. Even Jarvis, when I sent my guitar to him told me that this is a great piece! Above that, it has been played in and seasoned for hundreds of hours and the sound has opened up really well. Kept in a hard case with dehumidifier when not in use.

Specs as follows:

Stock
-Select solid Sitka Spruce top with hand-carved parabolic top braces in authentic prewar forward X-pattern
-Premium solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides with abalone pearl on all borders
-"000" body style with 14th-fret neck joint
-Abalone border and sound hole rosette
-Premium ebony fingerboard and bridge
-Nut and saddle made of bone
-Slim mahogany neck has adjustable truss rod 1 11/16" nut width the traditional diamond volute on back of headstock
-Scale length of 25.5"
-Abalone position markers on fingerboard
-Delicate marquetry center strip on back
-White back and neck binding
-Full D-45 style ornamentation
-Rosewood peghead overlay with uniquie, Mother-of-pearl and abalone design on peghead
-Natural high-gloss finish with aging toner for perfect vintage look
-Accurate vintage-style 14:1 ratio gold-plated open-back tuners with butterbean-style buttons

Upgrades
-Stock 1 11/16" nut has been changed by Jarvis to a wider nut width. Not sure of the ratio but makes it much easier to chord now, especially for bigger hands.
-LR Baggs RTS2 pickup installed.
-FMI Nut installed. Installed FMI saddle but preferred the sound of the bone one. will throw both in.
-Strap Pins installed.

Blueridge has always been said to have been modelled after Martins but in my opinion, Blueridge, or at least this piece, has its own character and will give much higher end Martins a run for their money.

Original price from Maestro when it was bought was around $2350. If you include the costs of upgrades the final amount that was spent would near 3K. Looking to sell this beauty at $1800 including hardcase and a pack of Zorb-It. Trades are welcome and if you have a great sounding guitar with a bigger-than-OM body, feel free to hit me up with your offer with top-ups from either sides. Trade value is at $2000

You're welcome to drop by my place near Nee Soon camp to test it out!

CONCLUSION: GREAT OM, GREAT LOOKS, GREAT PRICE. Don't miss this chance

Apologize for the lack of pictures, have problems uploading them
Text/Whatsapp me at 83666979 to discuss or to request for pics

Latest posts

Back