Would u pay more than 1k for a MIM strat

fazler

Swee Lee & guitar gallery are selling MIM strat for over 1k.
Would u pay more than 1k for a MIM strat? Or are made in japan ones better?

it's not a matter of wanting to pay, it's the list price to begin with. blame it on inflation but it would help if we know what's causing it- but which dealer would wanna reveal that?

about 5 years back, we could get mex fenders for about $700+/- however, the mex fenders these days are hits/ misses. saying the jap units are exclusively better than the mex ones is an understatement because it's a matter of feel. best bet is to get what's good for you after trying them all out...

Well i got mine from the US for SGD590.
If you have friends from US you should take some advantage.
And yes some are very well made and the feel is excellent.

fazler said:
Swee Lee & guitar gallery are selling MIM strat for over 1k.
Would u pay more than 1k for a MIM strat? Or are made in japan ones better?

definitely not. At 1k, its a ripoff. Might as well get a good Aria one and replace the PUs, Aria is almost as good as fender. Plus you save the dough for extra stuff.

well, if you've checked for quality, i think that it'll be different. 1k? MIM strat...its really a miss-hit kinda thing. i think that if you CUSTOM order one from prassit, he's in thailand...nng guitars, it would be better. trust me. rarely over 600 sing, and his guitars aren't bad. tried one copy in kevin's shop...guitar connection there...yeah... you can ask around...

i paid 1.3, it wasn't standard..it was classical70's..all US made parts and with 70s pickups. basically just assembled in mex but the rest is all US made.

it's marketing hype- cut in the US, assembled in Mex... technically, the mex fenders are still the victims of substandard workmanship/ wood quality but it doesn't rule out good tone/ feel

Latest posts

Back