intending to get a strat
3 single coils

budget of about 1.2k

alder/ash/swamp ash body
maple neck

that has that fat sound, doesnt squel with high gain
fenderish sparkly clean.

any recommendations?

Do you intend to get a first or second hand one?

The description u gave seems to be generic to quite a fair number of strat models. Do you have anything more specific in mind? Like country of make,pickup types, trem types etc?

oh yeah, didnt see you wanted all single coils... i dont think stratocaster sounds are supposed to be warm... you could try the humbucker in a coil kinda pickups... i'd recommand a highway 1 strat, if blues and funks your thing, leave the pickups stock...

The highway one is good value for money ( at least when it was for sale).Try going to the ishibashi site to look at the MIJ selection.Too bad i cannot spare the cash to buy.

Go check out what Malcom recommended hydesg... I bet its something good... and besides, its different. Unless you really want a Fender guitar.

Hydesg said:
i just want a full mapled neck and maple finger board
haha

fender or ibanez

Erm. Blackmoo has an RG with a full maple neck and fingerboard. Mahogany body with HSH config and Edge Pro trem. :) Nice.

hey dude... just drop by Guitar77 and try their jap strats... around your budget.

get a nice MIJ 57 reissue or sumthing.

hi,

i saw 2 of them some time back in guitar 77. don't know if it is still there. i think he quoted me something like $1300 (can't really remember). but i think should be able to bargain a bit lah.

Hydesg said:
intending to get a strat
3 single coils

budget of about 1.2k

alder/ash/swamp ash body
maple neck

that has that fat sound, doesnt squel with high gain
fenderish sparkly clean.

any recommendations?

a little difficult to find an ultra quiet single coil equipped strat, unless you're willing to settle for one which is HSS. subsequently, you can always replace those stock single coils with stacked units for quiet moments.

i've played this Classic 70s Strat countless times & appreciate the warm tones attributable to the ash body. clarity is impressive & the overall tone under high gain is superb:
Strat_mex_natural_2.jpg

Back