which pickup for acoustic guitar?

turbochicken

guys,

i'm looking to install a pickup for my acoustic. luther has recommended me an active one at $180 (can't remember the brand), anyone has any idea if that's decent?

or any recommendations?

i'm gonna use it to play for church. so preferably jack in.

I guess that was the LR baggs element active. I have one in my seagull, it's pretty decent, can control volume also.

Pier.

if you could get em - get EMG accoustic / classical pick up system - cheap & good with minimal routing needed....I've used them for many years with no problem..thing is Davis Music may not bring them in anymore... 8)

The B-Band is quite good also! I am using it now and it doesn't feedback that easily as compared to the other brands and have quite a nice tone also

I don't have any experience with acoustic pickup, but just want to share what I read on the Larry Carlton CD that I have, probably it would help to make decision. He used B Band acoustic pickup on "Deep into it" album.

You can get the following pickups at the following places:

Fishman -> Sinemax

B-Band, Seymour Duncan, LR Briggs -> Davis

B-Band -> Maestro

Cheerioz

yo shawn...

you can try B-band man ... the sound not bad... and it really doesnt feedback easily. Sound is abit "clean" ... but this is frm muchuan's setup... so not very accurate. But it does sound decent.

can consider.

Here's an uncoventional way of testing the accoustic pup. With th installed pup in yr guitarguitar all hooked up to PA/ DI box etc...play as per normal. hAVE YOUR HAMDPHONE ON YOU & while you do this & get someone to SMS U ...Some of the even higher end brand pups DO PICK UP THE SIGNALS! Obviously I wont name any names but try the various diffirent pups on various diff guitars b4 making your choice.

8)

fgl said:
Here's an uncoventional way of testing the accoustic pup. With th installed pup in yr guitarguitar all hooked up to PA/ DI box etc...play as per normal. hAVE YOUR HAMDPHONE ON YOU & while you do this & get someone to SMS U ...Some of the even higher end brand pups DO PICK UP THE SIGNALS! Obviously I wont name any names but try the various diffirent pups on various diff guitars b4 making your choice.

8)

But you don't use handphone as your effect pedal nor you sms anyone on the stage, do you? :roll:

even the multi thousands dollar hifi system will still pickup handphone signal.

Latest posts

Back