Which local bands would you like to see at gigs?

Anyone knows wat happen to Rocket Scientist? 2 piece band. 1 Bassist and 1 Guitarist. And a whole lot of samples and drum tracks... In early 90s samples and drum tracks are quite rare in live music, especially Singapore. If I'm not wrong the bassist name is Randy.

Anyone knows wat happen to Rocket Scientist? 2 piece band. 1 Bassist and 1 Guitarist. And a whole lot of samples and drum tracks... In early 90s samples and drum tracks are quite rare in live music, especially Singapore. If I'm not wrong the bassist name is Randy.

It was Yazid,Adrian ( on vox ) &Randy.

I think they have their own website& can be found on mySpace as well.

Drill was a 2man band with Man & Rizal ( can't remember the bassist's name exactly ), they did lots of sampling as well.

Last edited:
Reading this thread brings back memories of a time where the hangouts were Plaza Singapura,Forum, Spitfire skate shop.

TNT was where the harder edge music could be found with Silent Sorrow, Stompin' Ground etc, Boon was where bands like ESP, The Pagans could usually be heard ( despite Ah Boon's constant "Wahlau ghost music.." laments ).

On radio you can hear the sounds of The Oddfellows etc, underground music jangly style. Then For Peace came on Perfect10& the ( commercial ) airwaves opened up to slightly harder music. I still remember ESP's video - & performance on some live game show on ch5 - & of course videos by the Oddfellows etc, though they were far from what you have now, nonetheless, it put the local underground music on the scene.

Prior to them, you had local music, in the likes of Tokyo Square, Gingerbread, Energy hitting the airwaves.

If you guys didn't know, their music were even played on the BBC, don't recall whether it was John Peel or someone else though.

If these bands had the same access to the world as the bands now have,
who knows.....

most are still active, some in the same bands, others in different bands, a few under new monikers.

It'd be great to get them all back for a gig with a cause.

rockNroll.

Back