Where to get single piece maple Strat neck?

Timex

Hi

I am looking of the above mentioned. Anyone know where i can get it at a reasonable price? Second hand also can.

Guitar Connection sells 2nd hand necks.

otherwise u can look in ebay.

maple necks are hard to scour though, especially if u want the right feel. (unfinished, back finished, full finish)

sorry to butt in .. and go OT

but just curious .. where can i get fender strat or tele kits ? kinda keen to build one of my own

I checked out Allparts 8O very expensive. Might as well get a second hand squire guitar and cannibaliase the parts

stars said:
sorry to butt in .. and go OT

but just curious .. where can i get fender strat or tele kits ? kinda keen to build one of my own

u can get from fender. but of course prices are crazy.

not too sure what u're looking for here...

bodies and necks can be gotten at ebay or second hand or warmoth.com . but u gotta know ur stuff and find out which body fits which neck.. otherwise u'd be in for trouble.

pots, caps, wires can be found at davis, sim lim tower and other places. there's a DIY Stompbox thread around here somewhere... good help for electronics.

other guitar parts - tuners, bridge, springs, etc - can be gotten from davis. or if u like, order them straight from allparts.com . (there is another online one but i can't recall the name now.)

Guitar Connection has quite a lot of parts for sale too. You can drop by and have a look.

Timex said:
I checked out Allparts 8O very expensive. Might as well get a second hand squire guitar and cannibaliase the parts

agree.

on a side note, imo it is very non-rewarding to build a project guitar from scratch, especially if you're doing it for the first time. the reason being that once you screw up one portion (especially on the fitting side), you're probably going to hate the guitar.

i think it would be better to hunt for those cheap and good secondhand guitars to work with. chances are, all you want from a project guitar is the following stuff:

1) a spray/paint job.
2) custom wiring
3) additional electronics
4) quality parts (such as locking tuners, wilkinson bridge)

stuff out of these tend to be difficult to do.

Thats exactly what I did. I bought a cheapo second hand one and modded it . But the neck has a very big radius and is very thick. I am not used to this.

ChanMin said:
guitar connection has quite a few.. do check em out. they are near davis and guitar 77.

Hmmm GC....

They sell a rosewood neck, taken from a guitar brand Vantage, for $100 :roll:

And the fender necks they sell, mostly have funny looking decal (not neatly done, like DIY stuff), with no serial number. When i check with the seller, he said it is reissue neck :roll: Fender reissue will also have a serial number, from what i know.

if it's a replacement it'll have a Fender (Custom Shop) stamp behind.

if u find a neck that's suspicious, steer clear from it.

Reissue and vintage fenders all have the stick on decal if you didn't know. It doesn't look as sleek as modern production fenders but that's the way it was in the 50s and 60s. Lastly, there is No serial number on Reissues. I'm not sure about mexican reissues but for US fenders, the serial number is on the neck plate starting with V.

On vintage necks, there is pat. pending number on the decal. There's alot of misinformation out there on the internet. Esp forums

:roll:

Yes, i knew it. But the price tag will also easily speak for itself. Where can you get real reissue and vintage US fender strat for $500-$600 range?

Latest posts

Back