Whatz that foam material in mic cases n guitar boxes?

parablue74

Actually i am looking for acoustic foam... but this is what i am seeing...
I have those black color foams found in microphone cases, and pick up some of those in brand new guitar boxes when they are just open. These really look identical and feel identical to acoustic foams that i already have. Really wondering, are these acoustic foams as well????
Sorry, really am too broke to fock out cash to buy, trying to find cheaper alternatives...

actually the material you should check out is in the van..
they use in between the [Seat] [Soundproof Material] [Engine]
i think that would work well, based on assumption. so don't flame me.

20¢ worth

Before you getting me stealing vans just to get their acoustic foams, where can i buy those foams in the vans then??? Know anything???

actually I told you that to go find out yourself haha. if I knew i'd be typin' a whole load of ideas. I myself also curious but no time/no use for an acoustic foam since I do mobile recording.

those in the van are called "rock wool", they are some of the best soundproofing materials. Only thing is that, they contact fibre glass in them, must be very careful when working with them. You cannot simply paste them openly on the walls. Must cover them with clothes. Only sold in industrial area like Ubi. Gotta order big amount. Another option is what you mentioned "foams", thou not so effective as rock wool, but it still works. Can get it at Burlington Sq.

just beside SimLim Sq if you are walking to SimLim via bugis street. There is a burger king, it's also actually a apartment house, peach color building.

closed but....

you guys referring to "martin audio"? anyway i was recently there and i think they have closed or moved(to where im not sure, maybe you can google). BUT i got something called vicoustic from esden at sim lim sq, call them, i think they have the foam you are talking abt in big pieces.

Back