WHAT GUITAR TO MOD?

qwerty

Hi, I was thinking of getting a new electric guitar, just wanted to know which of the two you all think would be better for me to get and later upgrade and mod a little...
I was thinking of about the GAX70 or a yamaha tele. any views?any other recommendations would also be good. If i get the yamaha tele, the one that i saw has 2 single coils so i may add a humbucker and maybe a push pull pot, for the GAX i guess it would just be new pickups and the like.
I just want to know about the guitars mentioned, like are they hardy enough to last me long term? stuff like that. Please help out. Thanks

bro- if you are gonna do a major facelift to it, save your dough & get a guitar you really like.

if you wan a tele-style guitar with at least a single humbucker in it, this one might be one you would like:

519586.jpg

hmmm... i've yet to come across a non-maple necked tele except for George Harrison's rosewood unit. maybe you mean maple fretboard?

hei....i have a gax70. well the only prob for me was the guitar was hard to balance, and the sucky pickups. so i changed the position of the strap button. i oso changed the bridge pickup to an alnico pro. no money yet for the neck though. :D but the action was great :twisted: ... very low and minimal buzz. hope this helps...........

I think it'll be better if you heed Subversion's advice and save up to buy a better guitar which you really like.

Modifying burns a big hole in your pocket, the cost of it all will be enough to buy a new guitar. I do it because of my close attachment to my instruments :D My strat's finally getting scallops hehe.

So it really boils down to what you really really want.

Back