vPost

gibson

anyone heard of their new service ???
u can order items online and ask them deliver to vPost address in US or japan... then vPost will bring it over to SG (for a fee lah~)

its in today's new paper....

for more info can go to http://www.vpost.com.sg

daMNED ... ya beat me to posting it ...

by the way ... i did some calculations , if isbashi shipped a bass + packaging ... to Vpost japan address...

dimension .. 100 X 10 X 50
weight 5 kg

shipping cost : SGD $101.50 (excluding tax)

cheaper than ishibashi 10,000 yen which is about : 150SGD ... ( excluding tax)

stars said:
by the way ... i did some calculations , if isbashi shipped a bass + packaging ... to Vpost japan address...

ishibashi got free local delivery to jap addresses ah ?

hehe. thot i posted this before? about a year ago. kekeke...anyways, yah its cool stuff. wayyy cheap...even shipping in a mesa amp is viable now...hehe.
anyways, haven't tried it tho. nothing to buy yet...sighz... :oops:

It's not a new service, it's been around for some time already. Very tempting service but here's some "fine print".

- If you buy from a dealer based in California you will be charged californian sales tax, as the VPost US address is in California, could go up to 11%.

- If u ship over by US Postal Service, u probably won't be charged GST. For speedpost, as long as total cost inclusive of shipping (CIF) is over S$400, u would be charged GST by default.

- If your package is over 20kgs, they will hold it for 2 weeks before even shipping it out. This is in addition to approximately a week in consolidating time, another half a week in payment clearance and another half in local delivery. So your waiting time could go up to a month. Happened to me.

- VPost only provides up to S$150 in coverage. So if ur item is damaged or lost, too bad for you.

- If u are sending a large item like a guitar or amp, u might end up paying just as much as shipping via USPS airmail, maybe even more... Just that the delivery time through vpost is bout 3-4 times as long. Happened to me too :)

Oh ya, and the oversea stores u buy from, have to also support a Singaporean billing address. Most stores that dun ship overseas also do not accept overseas billing address. E.g. zzounds.com

Wow this really helps alot cause last time i couldnt find way to bring fender in from US now i do .... Teeheehee :lol:

had to dig up an old thread.....if i'm buying a pedal from US and the maker does not ship overseas but accepts Paypal, i can ask him to ship to calif. where vpostUSA is right? Anyone had experience with this?

I've used Vpost before, but way back before the new stuff and charges came up. I bought an LTD guitar from the states, used Vpost to send to singapore since the shop wont export LTD guitars out.

gibson said:
anyone heard of their new service ???
u can order items online and ask them deliver to vPost address in US or japan... then vPost will bring it over to SG (for a fee lah~)

its in today's new paper....

for more info can go to http://www.vpost.com.sg

i've been using it about 1 year already.
Good service, I must say.

But one of my order got screwed up one time. It gets mixed up with somebody else's order. Need 3 weeks for Vpost to settle it.

Other than that, i'm a happy customer witht them

guys, better calculate properly. coz vPOST go by volume matric. sometimes it's is cheaper paying what every local deliver in that country has to offer.

but if you are getting something that don't ship to us from US and Japan then no choice lah... :)

Anyone of you can remember how much did Vpost charged you when you import a single pedal?

I've purchased a pedal and sent it to Vpost. The sender told me the package weighs about 0.6 Kg thru USPS (actual weight?) . I calculated the volumetric weight using the formula and its around 0.7kg too. What I find discerning is the payment invoice Vpost sent me.

It shows the volumetric weight calculation of 0.7kg but states the actual weight at 1.7kg. I understand that its take the higher value of either volumetric or actual weight. But an actual weight of 1.7kg for a small pedal without any accessories?

I've send Vpost a few emails. I'm still waiting on their reply after 2 days.
Anyone has any experience, perhaps you could shed some light into this matter.

Cheers

ictaros, i think it's better to call them. i also had the same problem. their customer service is not very fast...

i experienced using vPOST previously and ended up paying like $30 more if i were to use loca US post... furthermore i waited for 3 weeks for vPOST...

Latest posts

Back