Vox Looking to Work with Composer/Instrumentalist on Songs about Political Issues

sadness

Vocalist Looking to Team-up with Instrumentalist

Hi :),

I am a 32-year-old male vocalist who already has a direction in mind how to produce interesting, if not successful, song(s)/EP. However, I will need an instrumentalist who is interested and able to compose/record music similar to any of these songs - Dir En Grey's The Final, Portishead's Roads, or Morrissey's Dear God Please Help Me (arranged in terms of noisiest to quietest).

If you are interested and able to compose/record music similar to any of these songs I have stated above, I strongly believe we would get somewhere. It is going to be tough, but it is going to be a fun and rewarding journey.
Please pm me here (I would be checking frequently) or contact me at 97884393. I promise to be reasonable, approachable and friendly. Eagerly waiting your response.

Yours Sincerely,
Dom

Last edited:
Writer/Vox Looking to Work with Composer

Hi :),

I am a 32 year old male vox who has a wide range of social issues here in Singapore that I want to comment on but I am seeking a medium to make this commentary.

I am confident that these issues would be interesting enough to gain significant public interest. I have previously wrote a song or 2 that were fairly popular. I feel I am getting closer to producing something significant.

For example, I would like to comment on Singaporeans having being told how to live their lives in order to be economically successful. So much so that they have become people with little or no individual personality.

If you are a like-minded composer who is interested in exploring such themes please pm me here or contact me at 97884393. Eagerly awaiting your response.

Regards,
Dom

Last edited:
Re: Writer/Vox Looking to Work with Composer

Hey there,

I think the best songwriters are those who were able to reflect their current times well as it speaks to something larger than just a personal experience. Care to share some of your previous work?

Re: Writer/Vox Looking to Work with Composer

Hi Sinn:

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to share with you what I just wrote, not those of previous works:

The moon shakes his head in disapproval
The moonlight does not permeate the cloudy sky
Children walk the streets of gold
Unaware of the ills of today

A young boy peers at the moon
But walks away unable to feel it’s displeasure
Busy he rushes to school
Looking forward to a better tomorrow

Tomorrow comes
But it is no better, so he waits for tomorrow
Tomorrow comes
But it no better, so he waits for tomorrow

Hi Guys:

I am a vox/songwriter who isn't interested in just melodies, but is just as interested in writing songs that are of a social/political nature in Singapore. This is because I have come to find it boring writing songs with little or nothing interesting to say like I feel happy, I feel sad, I feel sorry, I am in love, I like life, I hate life, it's getting mindless. I have a degree in philosophy (I am a teacher by profession) and many of my friends in this field are interested in what I have to say, so we would most definitely have a fanbase, at least a small one to begin with.

In addition, I have encountered people on soft who got so nervous that they disappeared when I mentioned political art/music in Singapore. I mean, it's not like I'm going to write I hate you PAP, I want to go to jail, come and catch me.... no, political issues does not mean songs like that and also does not mean go jail. It just means covering the subject, talking about it.

Also Bro, I don't need you to be beethoven, classically-trained and all. I just need simple tunes. This is because we can capture people's interest either with the music or with the subject matter, I plan to do it with the subject matter. You may ask, then why don't I just write about the subject? It's because I love to write and I also love music. Putting both together would be powerful man. Let's try something new!

If interested, pls contact me at 97884393 or private message me, it would be loads of fun :)

Yours Sincerely,
Dom

Last edited:
Back