Unrealistic dream????? Or possible???? I only hope......

petrina_123

Well do i have an unrealistic dream of becoming a big "rock star " ??
Even when i was 5 i had this dream,but only recently i've started some action on it. I have been playing the guitar for 3 months and the piano for 11months and i feel i got some talent for it. I also have a great talent on writing lyrics and stuff. I can even sing above adverage.
But i dont know,i feel so uncertain that i may one day furfill my dream,i guess almost everyone has had a wish to be some famous person but how many people do become?

Music is possibly the only thing i live for,i am determiend as ever to dedicate my life to it, I am only 14 but i belive that its what i want to do for the rest of my life.Yet with the unsupportive population of singapore,how possible is this???
Than the question is where on earth can i go?? Money is no matter for now,i can easily go overseas when i'm 20,but where will they accept me?

Who can i make a band with,i dont even have one......Im not even at the standard to join a band..... I dont know ppl who play instruments or are dedicated as i am.I feel so alone in this.This is starting to become a rant but its truly how i feel.

I wont feel like i've lived my life until i persue my dream,as unrealistic as it may seem!I wont give up,i'll even starve and suffer for it!

Am i foolish,am i dumb to want to persue someting to impssible,someting possibly unachivable for a 14 year old girl like me?

Dare i dream any longer??

well my friend, i have the same dream too ! i always tell myself, if i have the passion and interest for something, i will get it. playing drums or rather, music is something i have not given up for years since i started, and people, even my own family have criticised and scolded me. but i still managed to keep my interest hot.

my teacher said something wise to me, "you might be a rockstar even though youre living in singapore. but you must have a certificate to pick you up if you fail to rock."

Awwww relax, you're 14, you're still young.
The open road is long and bountiful ahead of you.

When I was 14, I had the same insecurities and dreams. Plus I was shy and very introverted, but still I forged my own path and met people of similar interests and goals. It has been a long and hard road, but hey, success is not given to you on a silver platter. You have to work hard for it.

But now, here I am years later, millions and millions and millions of records sold, accolades from lots of people, money in the bank and a happy family to boot -- who could ask for more? I've achieved more than what I initially dreamed of. Trust me, all your dreams will be realized if you truly believe in yourself and work very hard at it. :wink:

Yours sincerely,
James Hetfield.

P.S. -- The Napster debacle was all Lars' thingy. I got nothing to with it. I was drinking vodka in a chicken shack somewhere in Siberia.

No wait, on a serious note -- anything is possible.
You're still young, you can do whatever you want to.
You have the power of youth, girl!
Don't worry about being in the constraint of our little country, you gotta think big cos the world is your oyster. Or a big mac, if you're allergic to seafood. My point is, if you've dreamed of being a star since you were 5, that's something you gotta hold on to.

Just don't forget to mention judaspiss when you pick up the Grammy.
:D

Our dreams are how far we are willing to keep it and how much effort we are willing to put into it. Lets start training!!!

I know im still holding on to mine. Are you? 8)

Dreams only come true if you wake up your idea.

My point is, I had the same dream as you. Trust me. And I'm 21 now, already secured a job even before I graduate from uni next year, and STILL harbour hopes of being in the music industry. I still believe it's possible.

My point, really, is : you gotta complete your studies first, save money, then invest in your talents. Being smart helps too, otherwise who's planning your future?

And, get advice from seniors. Always helps.

Hmm

I wanna be a Rock star too. My mommy alway tell me to get a cert, then go do my "thang!!"

I totally agree!!

ya...for my case...i will sit down and talk about it wif my parents and my sister...they really provide me good advices...and ya...always finish ur education first so that u will have something for u to fall back on...

you being 14. me being 15. same dream. (lengthy post. sorry)

since i'm playing the drums, my parents are like.. drums.. so noisy, y can't i learn piano or something. so much more melodic and gentle. drums. everyday BANG BANG BANG. but that's not true. i continued being faithful to drumming. and i guess, God has answered my prayers. i have gotten a FREE drumset from a friend without my parent's consent.

i remembered my dad scolding me cuz of my bad results. these words i remember so clearly. " drumming will get u NO WHERE" he literally almost shouted at my face and really emphasized the NO WHERE. it broke my heart. and frmo that day on, i didn't like him much anymore.. i've decided to walk my own path with or without them. those words enraged me.. not with hate.. but mroe determination to strive for freedom to play music.

there was another time when i was watching a drum video.. then my dad happen to walk pass and saw the drummer in the video who is really good.. and my dad is like... aiyah u won't be able to play like them la.. i'm like.. really.. angry la. and very disheartened.. but.. never gave up.

i know that it is not drumming that caused my downfall of my results. it is my own laziness. so i have no one to blame for that. i am determined to complete my studies at the same time.. practice real hard. Cuz i aim to go to this school in New York called Drummer's Collective one day. and i also wanna go to egypt, and africa to study hand drumming apart for my usual drumset playing.
big dreams.. wow.. but achievable i believe. u'll never know when or wat opportunities might hit u. so.. keep the faith. don't let your dreams die off just beause of a few setbacks.

there were many times when i'm at home, in school during lessons, at concerts or drum clinics, i daydream... of myself on stage playing a kick ass drum solo and the crowd is wow amazing!! and then i play my band comes in and we play some songs. that day dream has always been so real. everytime i get into the zone and really daydraem real hard.. i can actually feel the adreneline and my heart pumps really fast and hard as if i'm actually on stage. it's so so real.
i wanna be real famous. not for the sake of women, money and well.. fame. but i wanna prove to my DAD, parents, and my siblings that i AM capable of being one of the best there is.

my parents arent so fond of me playing drums cuz i have 3 other siblings.
bro - 26 years old - fantastic keyboardist, guitarist, trumpeter, not bad in drums.
sis - awesome in violin, and flute
my other sis - piano pro and flute.
and then there's me - the noisy drummer? and a trumpter.
my other siblings playing the more harmonious instruments gives me more pressure to become better than them. and my parents are really fond of my bro cuz he is a real music genius. really. and i'm wat.. noisy? wtf!!

i started off loving music. playing drums. wat i lacked? - a band. and so my bro introduced me to SOFT. :) ( thanx james! ) and i managed to find a band. and we've alreayd played in a couple of gigs and one competition.
i mean. if u continue to dream. u'll find that.. good things keep coming your way without u realising it. though there will be bad things happening.

again.. keep the faith. musician at heart always, even if u din manage to make it. which i doubt will happen. every strong willed musician WILL be successful.

sorry for lengthy post.

well dude, im 15 here.. my biggest dream is to become a game soundtrack composer like nobuo uematsu and be a famous keyboardist in a jrock band. I have been doing sequencing for around 2 years now and i am going to release an instrumental album next year, i have the passion and if you have, believe in yourself and go for it. I believe in myself that i will make it big soon, don't let all your other friends pull you back if you think you have what it takes ^^.. im kinda cocked up in my studies now yea.. but if i want to go to a music college, i have to get my Os first, so yea, i have to start studying soon ^^..

drummar-buah said:
you being 14. me being 15. same dream. (lengthy post. sorry)

since i'm playing the drums, my parents are like.. drums.. so noisy, y can't i learn piano or something. so much more melodic and gentle. drums. everyday BANG BANG BANG. but that's not true. i continued being faithful to drumming. and i guess, God has answered my prayers. i have gotten a FREE drumset from a friend without my parent's consent.

i remembered my dad scolding me cuz of my bad results. these words i remember so clearly. " drumming will get u NO WHERE" he literally almost shouted at my face and really emphasized the NO WHERE. it broke my heart. and frmo that day on, i didn't like him much anymore.. i've decided to walk my own path with or without them. those words enraged me.. not with hate.. but mroe determination to strive for freedom to play music.

there was another time when i was watching a drum video.. then my dad happen to walk pass and saw the drummer in the video who is really good.. and my dad is like... aiyah u won't be able to play like them la.. i'm like.. really.. angry la. and very disheartened.. but.. never gave up.

i know that it is not drumming that caused my downfall of my results. it is my own laziness. so i have no one to blame for that. i am determined to complete my studies at the same time.. practice real hard. Cuz i aim to go to this school in New York called Drummer's Collective one day. and i also wanna go to egypt, and africa to study hand drumming apart for my usual drumset playing.
big dreams.. wow.. but achievable i believe. u'll never know when or wat opportunities might hit u. so.. keep the faith. don't let your dreams die off just beause of a few setbacks.

there were many times when i'm at home, in school during lessons, at concerts or drum clinics, i daydream... of myself on stage playing a kick ass drum solo and the crowd is wow amazing!! and then i play my band comes in and we play some songs. that day dream has always been so real. everytime i get into the zone and really daydraem real hard.. i can actually feel the adreneline and my heart pumps really fast and hard as if i'm actually on stage. it's so so real.
i wanna be real famous. not for the sake of women, money and well.. fame. but i wanna prove to my DAD, parents, and my siblings that i AM capable of being one of the best there is.

my parents arent so fond of me playing drums cuz i have 3 other siblings.
bro - 26 years old - fantastic keyboardist, guitarist, trumpeter, not bad in drums.
sis - awesome in violin, and flute
my other sis - piano pro and flute.
and then there's me - the noisy drummer? and a trumpter.
my other siblings playing the more harmonious instruments gives me more pressure to become better than them. and my parents are really fond of my bro cuz he is a real music genius. really. and i'm wat.. noisy? wtf!!

i started off loving music. playing drums. wat i lacked? - a band. and so my bro introduced me to SOFT. :) ( thanx james! ) and i managed to find a band. and we've alreayd played in a couple of gigs and one competition.
i mean. if u continue to dream. u'll find that.. good things keep coming your way without u realising it. though there will be bad things happening.

again.. keep the faith. musician at heart always, even if u din manage to make it. which i doubt will happen. every strong willed musician WILL be successful.

sorry for lengthy post.

dude, ur family is awesome , all into music > <

well petrina, i can give you a bit of my own opinions. especially when you are thinking of making it big in singapore. firstly you gotta be really ambitious and when you are ambitious you naturally will have detractors, people who try to put you down because of jealousy or whatever or they just think you are ridiculous. thats where you have to be really thick skinned. and thats the most important trait besides talent that a musician must have. because if you are not think skinned, well basically you wont last long. so right now ur 14 what you should try to do is build up on your character, try to ignore negative comments, only look out for constructive criticisms and work on them. make friends who are really honest and not the types who just lick your boots. one thing for sure is it will never be smooth sailing, remember this word, uncertainty. you will hear it alot.

next you have to come up with a plan of how exactly you want to conquer the world. what kind of style you play, be it singing (operatic, rnb, etc) and if you're a guitarist, what kind? lead? rythm? solowankery? and with that, come up with an idea of what exactly ur looking for, bandmates with a common direction, how you want your songs to be like, and most importantly your target audience.

always remmeber, success NEVER comes instantly, it takes years of failure before you finally make it somewhere, so the keyword now is to persevere, it takes lots of determination, fucked up band members who come and go and a bit of luck to actually make it big in singapore. or you can always try an easier route and go to malaysia or taiwan instead. but at the end of it all, just remember, you gotta have the right attitude

and of course, dont forget your studies,you may be a world renowned rocker, but what could make you a role model for young kids would be to have a cert as well, that way u can also win your way into their parents' hearts....yup

do u sing or play guitar?

go join a band. seek people out who have the same interests as you. keep writing songs and improve on your songs. display your songs and demos to friends. make proper demos and show to people who have the expertise, be it your teacher, your parents, or people who are in the music industry.

all these might sound simple but it's harder than you can think.

don't dream about it first. do it, and then evaluate about your experiences later, whether you still want to be a rock star.

Latest posts

Back