Unearthing the metal underground

optisailor2002

Read Heavy Metal Tribune's contribution to Metalunderground.com about the Singapore metal scene. This time we focus on the following 3 bands: Draconis Infernum, Xanadoo and Meza Virs.

The music scene in Singapore is predominantly indie and pop, with the biggest musical output being from indie bands. Rarely is metal heard over the airwaves with the exception of a one-hour metal show every Saturday midnight on a Malay radio station (the main spoken language in Singapore is English, so that shows how little exposure to metal there is over here). However, this has not stopped a large number of metal bands from sprouting up in recent years, with the wide availability of alternative forms of music via the Internet.

Read the article here.

(c) Heavy Metal Tribune 2010

problem is that we were limited by them to give only 3 examples, else we would have gladly written one major essay on it.

but then again, who cares about the singapore metal scene huh.

like it was mentioned, its just a brief introduction of 3 bands from Singapore, nothing more.

its not abt the 3 metal bands, those folks are cool.but the 1st paragraph show a serious lack of understanding

we apologise if we made anyone unhappy with what we have written, this is one of the first articles that we have written.

hopefully we'll do better in the future if we do contribute more! :)

a one-hour metal show every Saturday midnight on a Malay radio station

its 2hrs, not 1 hr. unless of course they've changed the timing. ;)
i believe there's a repeat on Sunday afternoon (3 or 4pm??) for those who missed the 1st broadcast.

Xanadoo is off to France soon for a mini tour, i believe.. \m/
GOOD LUCK guys!!

to be honest im always confused by the timings, cos sometimes i tune in on saturday or sunday nights (around 9+) i hear brader bo on the radio. not a bad thing though! haha.

Hey man, I think it is great of you to attempt to write about the metal scene here. You may need more research though, I think metal here is a lot broader than many here would know. And probably a lot more successful than others would think. But then again, who in Singapore wants metal? Its a good effort so do write more.

Back