tok abt playing common/easyor hard, jrock band

cannot, my voice quite different from toshi, if u say a side band which totally play dir en grey i definitely will join lol

nah, dir en grey side band too common. never see any band can play xjapan yet, song like rusty nail, weekend and x are common. never see any other song tho .. dir en grey is quite common nowadays, but msotly fangirls.

usually famous result in common in society, where most of the ppl get in touch by it, anyway do the one we love most, not do those which ppl seldom do, :p

yes i agree with iori do song which you like n not play those uncommon songs when u dun like it. You play wif passion not by forcing to play that song to stand out frm the crowd

iori said:
usually famous result in common in society, where most of the ppl get in touch by it, anyway do the one we love most, not do those which ppl seldom do, :p

yes they are famous, x japan is famous. problem : dir en grey their song easy to play while x japan quite hard.

anyway, yeah do play what we love. jrock still rules ~ u got go street festival? a lot play deg.

ah yes, quite a number of people do play DeG. caus it's popular? X sounds prety good, but not my style ;) well, happy trying to complete yer band. ciao!

-yuna-

DEG popular? Yea, they are popular but to be generelise, X Japan is way more popular than DEG. Luna sea goes second.

People choose to play DEG is because their songs is easy to play. DEG song, just an average guitarist can play their song but to play x japan you need someone above average. :)

there's hardly any solo's in deg song unlike xjapan song which need a good guitarist to play their solos. secondly, no one can reach toshi's vocal range, he is too incredible, as for kyo, he got a pretty unique voice, but his normal voice is easily sang. third most deg song are simply barcode and barcode and barcode and jsut a bit of fancy bassline (doesnt need to be a good basist to play as it doesnt require SLAPPING or TAPPING like xjapan bassline's, you just need to be agile)

hope you'll understand what i mean. :)

hey there,

People choose to play DEG is because their songs is easy to play. DEG song, just an average guitarist can play their song but to play x japan you need someone above average. :)

now there's a bit bias, ppl dun play deg not onli becoz they r easy, is becoz they like it, dun tell mi if u realli like x japan u wun try and play it?

everyone got their own likes and style, x japan lovers will want to play x japan song, we like deg, tat's y we play it .
its not like wat u say " wa eh deg song easy ah, we play it k, "

u will understand wat i mean :)

yea i believe that x japan's songs got their own level of difficulty n deg got their own difficulties. So its abit bias to say that deg's songs are easy n stuff so ppl play them.

Agreed. The basis of learning a song is really the passion for the song. Although learning a difficult song juz to "train up" is really ok.

Hard to compare tastes nowadays...I feel DEG...Luna Sea have their unique sounds...it may be "easy" to play, but its hard to imitate their energy.

Just like Glay too! Technically, I think they are pretty simple....but its the way they write song progressions....use ideas, and the passion behind their songs that make it so wonderful.

Juz like X have their own style....especially with Yoshi writing the songs with many layers like a classical piece....Although not very technically hard, the syncronisation b/w the 2guitars (double solos)...the bass and drums... the keyboards.... You really need a great TEAM with great chemistry

at least mine better than someone who said "DEG are more popular thats hy people play". But what i said are facts. Some people love X Japan so much but they cant play them, while they like DEG too and since DEG songs is quite easy one (not complicated, dont need to be so fast) they choose DEG. u understand what i mean? my english too sucks to explain..

in techinically specs, IMHO, i still think no other band can compete x japan level of musical arrangement and composing. x japan use a simple chords (power chords) that make their song sounds easy, but if you wanna play it, its not like what you think. for example the song sadistic desire is easy, but when u reach the solo part, the slapping part, u nd skilled guitarist and bassist (definately above average) to play it.

i think the part that not many band can play x japan's is because of the xjapan music that need a really skilled guitarist to play their solo's, to synchrinize(xjapan speed is fast) and good vocal that suit the song. (lets ditch rusty nail ok, almost everyone can play it).

the double lid of xjapan like what guitar_phreak said,is the hardest part of x japan music, u really nd to be synchrinize with each other where not many guitarist can do that unless they have a good teacm with a great chemistry, then it works.

ya can understand lol, understoodable for ur this post, but tat previous post does sound a bit bias, anyway wat song to play is still up to ur own self, its not abt skills only, its abt choices , i think tat overrule all other factors like skill and such
becoz most of the time u all wanted to play tat song coz u all like it, before u all tok abt the difficuilty of the song and bleahg bleah bleah

good morning! 6am now :wink:

Latest posts

Back