Thread On Blocking A Strat Trem Bridge

JMguitars

Here is a thread from another forum on comments about blocking a Strat trem bridge.

http://69.5.7.106/board/showthread.php?s=7a9d2ccee9fccaede7e7f9f70dfa329e&threadid=41326

This thread was an interesting read for me since I love the Strat neck and in-between tones yet always liked the twang of a tele bridge (plus, I never really used the whammy bar).

A year ago, I had a new strat body built for me with a Hipshot fixed bridge. The bridge while definitely giving a much better sustain did affect the "bounce" that I liked to hear on a Strat. Perhaps, it was the sound that a bridge with more moveable pieces and springs makes but it definitely lost a bit of the Strat character ....

Hence, on a guitar coming in, I've requested that the trem be blocked with a piece of wood .... hopefully that gives me back the bounce I liked to hear in my strats (with the existing sustain).

Perhaps a fixed bridge, hollow body Strat will be good too. The hollow body adds back some resonance you lose from a non-trem, albeit of a different kind. But with the ease of maintenance of a fixed bridge. I might try one out when i have the money.

Ragus said:
Perhaps a fixed bridge, hollow body Strat will be good too. The hollow body adds back some resonance you lose from a non-trem, albeit of a different kind. But with the ease of maintenance of a fixed bridge. I might try one out when i have the money.

Do demo the G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow if you have a chance.

There are some clips via this URL http://www.glguitars.com/audioclips/ASAT-Semi-Hollow.asp

Its pretty close to your description (except with a tele shape) and the ASAT model has various pickup configurations.

It's no longer brought into Singapore. You might see if you can find one from a second hand shop here. Or import from US?

Some detour on blocking trem :D

Heres a strat style hollow body guitar with fixed bridge, the reverend avenger TL. Super light hollow style body with nice tone.

pavt_m_rmah.jpg

yeh Reverend slingshot!!!.. i tot of bringing them in last year but guitars are too costly for me.. there's also the duesenberg, german made guitar with very solid parts.. contacted them but they weren't interested..

www.duesenberg.de

haha, think i might not be up to it to give a deserving review for the slingshot. Been a while since playing that(hehe, guilty, yes). Nowadays its more on the steve more model and tele for me.

Perhaps if got chance to have a mini gear appreciation event, i bring the slinghot custom for you to try out :D

Latest posts

Back