Thinking of Modding my baby...

ShredCow

Ok guys...

I'm thinking of doing these few things to my guitar...

1) Full setup
2) polish frets/level frets
3) Remove buzz (There's buzzing esp at the open chord shapes.)
4) Change 5-way pickup selector to 3 way
5) Add push-pull switch at the volume knob to split the hums. (Mu guitar has a H H config)
6) Scallop the last 5 frets. (17 to 22)

This is my guitar.
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cows_dtly/detail?.dir=b0e0&.dnm=c3ab.jpg&.src=ph

Who'd be able to do it well? And what are the rates?

Its going to be my first time, and I'm kind of nervous... need some advise!

:D

Best suggestion I can think of is Guitar Connection (opposite davis). You can bring it down and ask the boss Kevin to quote you first. Judging from the list of things you need, I estimate it will cost about 200 or so.

I hope this is not your only or favourite guitar, if it is, I'd suggest against it. Wood works can have possible adverse results which is not correctable.

Electronics wise, we can always undo the changes if the parts are still intact.

ShredCow said:
Ok guys...

4) Change 5-way pickup selector to 3 way
5) Add push-pull switch at the volume knob to split the hums. (Mu guitar has a H H config)

:D

i think you can wire the 5-way pickup selector to split as well. check out www.guitarnuts.com if you're doing it yourself.

Well, I'd bring it down... I guess I'd not add the scalloping part... don't really need it... yet... :)

I want the push pull coil split because its faster... a 3 way switch is more accurate... with a 5 way, which i have now, its a bit of a hassle to make sure I don't push it a notch too far...

Anyway, thanks for the info and assurance guys!

Looks like this Guitar Connection is THE shop for mods!

Back