tab: humpback oak's circling square

psyence

i tried tabbing out humpback oak's circling square, a song i really love and a band i totally respected. but i'm not too sure it's completely accurate, so maybe anyone who's familiar with this song can correct what i've done so far (even better if leslie himself can do so). btw, if this violates some kinda copyright issues, by all means remove it.

capo 4th fret

intro

A played as Asus2 x02200
Em7 played as 02x030
F played as 133210

| A | F | G | G |

---------------------------------------------------
-------------2--4--5--7--9-----9-----9--7------7---
-------0-2---2--4--5--7--7--7-----7-----5---5------
-0-2-3---------------------------------------------

verse

| A | A | F | F |
| Em7 | Em7 | F | G |

i don't see the need, to classify her, i've decided that she is everything i need
there really is no need, to classify her i'll never hurt her 'cause she can be so good to me

i don't see the need, to complicate her thoughts and actions and deeds, i love her the way she is
i love to see her smile, she's so lovely even when i'm leaving i dream i'll satisfy her needs

chorus

A A F F
wait and see i'll wait and see 'till she sends for me, sends for me
Em7 F Em7 F Em7 F
oh honey when you send for me i'll be there for you
Em7 F G
anywhere circling square

| A |

bridge

| F | Em7 |

things that make me smile
when i'm alone and she's alone with me, it makes me smile

---0---0-------3---3---------------------------
-1---1---1---3---3---3-------------------------
-------------------------/-4---/--4------------
-----------------------------------------------

---0---0-------3---3---------5---7---8---7---5---3-------
-1---1---1---3---3---3-----5---5---5---5---5-------------
---------------------------------------------------------

---0---0---------------------------------------
-1---1---1------3---3--------------------------
--------------4---4---4------------------------

dude that song is a CLASSIC! tryin the tabs now!

i cant find anymore of the album where that song came from. :(
pain stained morning....

AgingYouth! hehe...you guys got or not :p

edited: dude! sounds fairly accurate to me...if i can recall correctly lah. heh.
that song has got some good acoustic value! :smt023

Hehehe, I can lend u my copy lah but u gotta remind me eh? :D I'm looking for the 2nd album, Ghostfather myself.

Related news: I thk the new Observatory album is almost done. Cannot wait man! :D

GrimBrody said:
hahaha..alamak bro...i HAVE GHOSTFATHER lah.. :)

Hahhaa, I hope HMV still has a copy. Remind me to burn (dun sue!) you a copy of Pain Stained Morning. What else did you wanna get from me as well eh?

I remembered reading an interview with Leslie Low about how Humpback Oak hated Pain Stained Morning cuz it was overproduced and too sleek...

'If I Am Weak' still makes my hair stand... excellent song...

they hated Pain Stained Morning? heh..but yeah..i guess they have their reasons.

other songs off that album which jst haunts me was the first four songs namely Void, Deep Door Down, Lucifer and No Finer Time To be Alive(i think) and also Circling Square.

The Ghostfather album was indeed a haunting tribute to the passing of his beloved father. "Scared Scarred" has that ability to make me feel really...depressed. heh. but i like it.

rottenramone! argh. u have that cd also ah? i used to have the cd but well...sad story. the casette tape that i had like since 1997 became screechy.

agingyouth doode! that pain stained morning album and BigO singles with Camra in it! hehe...thanks man :wink:

AgingYouth said:
GrimBrody said:
hahaha..alamak bro...i HAVE GHOSTFATHER lah.. :)

Hahhaa, I hope HMV still has a copy. Remind me to burn (dun sue!) you a copy of Pain Stained Morning. What else did you wanna get from me as well eh?

I remembered reading an interview with Leslie Low about how Humpback Oak hated Pain Stained Morning cuz it was overproduced and too sleek...

'If I Am Weak' still makes my hair stand... excellent song...

i oso want leh :eek:

yup... got force vomit demo tapes, boredphucks, left of the dial compilation, oddfellows 'so happy' single, and assorted bigo cds.

let's share :)

:? someone jst has to say something isnt it..

If anyone has any idea where I can get the actual album,cds, demos of local bands like Padres, Humpback Oak, A.W.O.L, Opposition Party, Stompin Ground (Measured on the Richter Scale) and the BigO Singles...drop me a PM. I'd be more then happy to buy the originals. Yeah, I'm nostalgic like that.

for now, i've got friends here willing to share. I'd share what i have for those bands are a rarity right now. Some might have even disbanded.

Piracy involves someone making money out of all of it right? i didnt see the dollar sign anywhere man. if u still think that what we're doin is wrong then picture it as you letting your friends listen to what you have in your collection. but if you still think that it's piracy then well...apologies all around then.

to the dude who's selling the compilations. nuthin to say liao lah. i dunno whether its a service or a disservice.

Give me time yah. I'll postee you guys a linkee.

Joe Ng's blog has an excellent collection of mp3s. PM if you want a link.

AGREED...Don't Cry by NAKED is easily one of the best local songs ever...even better than most other foreign acts around...such a touching ballad...and done by our own singapore bands....such talent...this song been with me all these times...great tune....

Re: ..

rottenramone said:
Give me time yah. I'll postee you guys a linkee.

Joe Ng's blog has an excellent collection of mp3s. PM if you want a link.

And Pat Chng's blog has some streaming ones too :)

Yeah, I d/led all the tracks on Joe's blog...fascinating.

Back