Strat enquiries

chapter2

Hi.. Im new to strats
I intend to get a chrome mirror pickguard for my s-s-s strats
Anyone noes where i can get one?

And what pickup and tuners do u recommend and where to get it?
Ur help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Okay, basically those mirrored pickguards are not so common, u can order them from guitar workshop at swee lee if I'm nt wrong.
For ur 2nd question, it's a little hard as pickups are one of the deciding factor of the guitar's tone. So if u are taking a strat, I suppose u are going for the clean 'twangy' sound. If you are rich and loaded, go for bare knuckles as they are the best of the best. Bare Knuckle Pickups, UK - Hand Wound Guitar and Bass Pickups
Otherwise Dmarzio makes some great ones too! :)

Hi bro!
U saying mirror pickguards cant b found locally?

My les paul have bareknuckles in them.. Thought of trying something diff,, ermmm say lace sensors?

No I meant U can try order the pickguard from Guitar Workshop, it's a tiny shop which stocks every single part of a guitar, headstocks to necks to body to pickups to tuning pegs...etc etc Anyways they sometimes will accept out-of-the-odinary-requests, so why not give it a shot? :)

How about Dirty Lolla pickups? Best for strat! :D

The Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups set is one of the best I've ever heard. It's actually my favourite by far. If you want something higher output, try Dimarzio Area series pups, but not they are stacked coils.

Hi bro.. Where can i get that pickup?
And u have any idea whether any local shops have chrome pickguard?

You can get Lollar pickups from Sound Alchemy.

Should be able to get a chrome pickguard from Guitar Connection, SV guitars or Davis. Call them up to double check first.

Chrome pickguard- zen guitarworkz has 2 pcs last time i was there( couple weeks back), not sure anymore. I know music theme does have chrome pickguards. And standard value, the one at penin, not too sure about the one at woodlands. ShredAddict- not that expensive, it was going for 30 at zen guitarworkz, plus further 50% off...

Pickups- your budget? I really like Van Zandt pickups but they aren't cheap, i tried it at woodworkz but the price turned me off... for now. :p 450 a set, i think. Suhr's Fletcher-Landau from G77 also around that price. GFS's vintage voiced strat pups are really nice, too, if you're into the vintage voicing.

Tuners- i use only Gotoh staggered locking tuners, stays in tune very well/ Can be had at sound alchemy, 90 bucks a set. They import it from Japan so i'm not too sure about the wait time, but it did take quite some time for mine to arrive.

I think you're better off buying the Suhr FLs from TGP or online, cheaper than G77 even with shipping. I just bought the specials last night and installed them: They're really fantastic. Lots of clarity in every position, even in positions 2 and 4, where the characteristics of that position tends to get drowned out playing with distortion, but the still stand out very clearly and I really like that. The pickups are slightly more mid-rangy-er than most single coils, but that really helps them to cut through the mix very well.

Strum a chord with the pickup in the neck position and it's just really clear, even with distortion. Single notes sound nice and thick with a nice amount of bite to them.

In conclusion: These pickups work well in almost any context, from jazz to blues rock to djent and prog metal(yes I actually managed to churn out some awesome Periphery and Mastodon tones with the pickups)

Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a single coil replacement!

I really don't like Suhr single coils. They have a problem with cutting through the mix seriously speaking. They sound great alone no doubt.

Another thing is that despite having the Suhr bpssc, their single coils still have that hum. When I have hum coming from my single coils, naturally I want a vintage sounding pickup. For Suhrs, they have this modern voicing to them and if I wanted that, I should be getting noiseless pickups. The hum does attribute to character and that is the charm of true single coils.

I had the opportunity to own 2 Suhrs before. Really did not like the single coils but the humbuckers are another story.

ok thanks all...
n so i decided..

-wilkinson bridge
-dirty lola pups
-gotoh staggered tuners
-chrome pickguard(was told by sv guitars would be $40 and another $50 for fitting,is that ard market price?)

wow..a lot of work..
so maybe say ard 400++?

Latest posts

Back