Sound projection advice?

AiraTekkan

this is how my school hall looks like, with its stage. no gallery on the upper floor. any advice from pros on how to get the best sound out of a live performance? (where to place the amps, etc etc)

what are the instruments you using? and what is the model of the amp?

how many channels can you use from the house(hall) mixer?

looking at the pix, the hall is not that big. most probably you will not need to mic up the guitar amps if they are loud enough.

how many singers will there be? i am trying to see how many mics you need.

okie, my band is.

1 guitarist, vocalist
1 bassist, vocalist
1 drummer

so basically its

1 guitar amp
1 bass amp
2 mics
1 drumset.. i personally don't think miking up the drumset is a necessity.

If your school hall has a roof above, than there'll be lots of echoes.
If the Speakers were already wall mounted, than "Bo Bian"
If not, just set up speakers on the wooden floor. The audience will be seating down?
And for Bass, wooden floors help to carry the vibrations.

put the drumset in the middle of the stage. put the amps about 1 m behind the drumset. NOT directly behind the drummer but by it's side and 1 m into the stage. can visualise what i mean? so that the drummer can hear what you guys are playing. guitarist/bassist must remember to get looooong cables.

you did not mention if there's going to be monitor speakers on stage. it will be quite tough to hear yourself without the monitors. especially the drummer.

if given a choice, i would mic up the bass drum, eq it to compliment the rest of the mix. ask the drummer to go easy on the bass drum so that you can control the level on the mixer.

what music are you playing? remember to put some 'showmanship' too! dress up, make up, hair, movement... all these will help when everything else fall. the photo will remind you forever! ha..ha.haa.

sound

Unless you get enough juice, everything will be muddle up. You might even hear two snare hits cos of the echo. School halls are a nightmare to hold any gigs, the bounce is just killer man.

Just ask what the ava crew in the school has. They must have something for such events. If not ask the school for a budget that u can play around with.

hey ho let`s go!!!!!!!

u can`t place the drums too far to the front..or else the vocals mics would pick it up....n if the amps r behind the drums...the drums tend to overpower the sound that`s coming out from the amps...i`m sure ur skool would have monitors...just keep the on-stage sound low..as long u can hear each other...that`ll lower down the`echo-effect`

watever that comes out from the speakers..let it be...the AVA guys should pump it loud enuff so that the audience wouldn`t hear the echoes...not too loud till the audience would cover their ears though...but just nice...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back