something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue

MrSimons

Hello all hidden softies,
if you are like me, just monitoring the forum and looking for something reasonable that you can join maybe this is the one.

I am an ang-moh living here for quite a long time, and i want to form a band for fun and whatever comes out of it.

the music is something fresh, ethnic, groovy, funky..

music that anybody can come up and jam, rap, dance, read poetry..

music that will make all the sorry ass crowd in singapore that usually just sit in their chairs waiting for their queue to clap, get up and shake their behinds.

I am a bassist/guitarist and ex-soundman..

Hry Joel, thanks for your interest.. i heard your myspace and your band sounds quite cool :) , but i am looking for something else.

Ok thanks for all the people who have replied :)

we sure got something started, now lets set up some kind of meeting perhaps this weekend and see how everybody clicks.

if anybody has a good place to recommend for meeting up, let me know and i will spread it around!

remember the whole nation is now at stake!

- and aside of that, i had a few people asking what kind of genre the music will be, so the answer is that there is not really a genre in mind.

more kind of taking what kind of musicians/artists we can find and making something fun and funky with much room for improvisation and uplifting kind of atmosphere.

so anybody who thinks they can contribute with any type of instrument/ thier voice/ visual art. or anybody who just wants to meet other musicians in this lonely island PM me.

Lets set for this coming Saturday at 14:00pm to meet up at the kopi shops next to the esplanade.

This is just a meet up to see who is who etc.. please come with some ideas for songs etc.. if you have.

Back