Shout out-let for musicians

christoh

Hey there fellow SOFTies!
Recently someone was saying that there was not enough media support for local musicians. So that got me wondering about starting up a regular column on local musicians, whether band or solo.
Now, this is a "meet the band" type column, introducing bands to the public who might not know about them. Thinking of making this weekly, if there is enough response, otherwise it could be monthly or fortnightly. And I might talk about regional acts as well.
Do you guys think this will work?
I'm not promising stardom or anything but at least a few thousand more people will get to know about this band/musician/artiste and every eyeball counts right?
So managers, promoters and musicians, please let me know if you are really interested in getting a bit more mileage on your outreach. A key component of this column is that the public MUST be able to see you perform somewhere. So please include links to performance clips (on YouTube or MySpace, etc) if any, and let me know of any gig information.

I'll need:
BAND INFORMATION: Band name, full names of members AND any stage name (aka, Adj, The Edge, "Legs" Murphy), age of band members, and what their roles are in the band, a bio if possible.
CONTACT NO: whichever number you're easiest to get ether it's mobile or landline. We need to call you for clarification and updates.
PERFORMANCE INFORMATION or DO YOU HAVE AN UPCOMING GIG? Please give about 1 month in advance notice)
ONE medium to hi-res PHOTO OF THE BAND (can be live shot, but MUST have photo)
MUSIC: Can send me MP3s, or links to your site, Myspace page or YouTube page if any.

Email me at christophertoh@mediacorp.com.sg

All the above must be provided in order to be featured.

I can't promise that everyone will get featured (again this depends on response) but we'll do what we can to help. And we really do want to.

Do drop me a line at christophertoh@mediacorp.com.sg
You can also PM me if you want.

Thanks for reading.

Sounds like a good idea chris. This should be interesting.

Hey where's my amberhaze review?

and can you sign my AWOL cassette the next time?

:D

Now, this is a "meet the band" type column, introducing bands to the public who might not know about them. Thinking of making this weekly, if there is enough response, otherwise it could be monthly or fortnightly.

This is a great idea! Especially with all the newer local bands with their myspace sites these days... Great tool for them. Hopefully some of these bands aren't just talk, and are actually producing good quality stuff.

Where would this article be?

great idea.
i was just talking to my friend about singapore not having its own local music magazine. I wish you luck :D

Back