satin-finished instruments

heh. posted it sometime back, but here it is...

sry had to put it in thumbnail form, its too big, pple with 56ks will rape me if i posted the huge one.

aye dexian, get that hoppus bass and stick mandy's face on it :D

yea dimarzios in there now. the old pickups were rusty, sounded like crap ^^ but heck, i dont play bass, so its like something of a white elephant :S

subversion said:
how do you people feel about the tone of satin-finished instruments?

It is a big issue for me on acoustic guitars. I prefer the sound that comes out from a satin/unlacquered guitar sounds more like a guitar, you know, as in the definition of the 'wood' in the tone is a lot better. No coincidence that Taylors (those I've seen in SG anyway) are unlacquered. But more often than not those varieties are handcrafted models that cost more (is that a fact? I dunno. My friend bought one such guitar, a Cort something, at $450, which to me was a steal).

Fender certainly believes that a bare bones finish enhances the acoustic resonance of their wares, even for the electrics. they cite 2 guitars which are very resonant, from their catalogue to date, & these are definitely worn down units, albeit being re-pros: SRV & Rory Gallagher models

highway fat strat im using, getting a tele soon

:( i always got a problem deciding between maple and rosewood fretboard, argh this is annoying

classics said:

:( i always got a problem deciding between maple and rosewood fretboard, argh this is annoying

rosewood warmer tone. maple brighter tone ..but depend son body woods too... mi2cens

fgl said:
classics said:

rosewood warmer tone. maple brighter tone ..but depend son body woods too... mi2cens

yeah but both sound appealing to me :( tat why a headach, anyway sweelee got sell lite ash telecaster? lite ash tele -> i more interested in this hehe :lol:

lite ash tele/ strat: available @ swee lee. these are the few korean fenders with duncans as defaults that sound good.

subversion said:
lite ash tele/ strat: available @ swee lee. these are the few korean fenders with duncans as defaults that sound good.

ok hopefully by next month still have, gotta CHIONG for it liao!!!!

anyway if i wanna order online, which number should i call? tat time i called sim drives one, they say cannot place online order via phone leh :(

subversion said:

Hmm, swamp ash or hard ash? :|

Back