Samick Guitars

Murcielago

hey ppl!

i was pretty hasty in getting an electric guitar once i dropped out of my Yamaha Classical Lessons as i found it boring and could do better by learning myself! Thank God i did dat!

anyway, ive been keeping my Samick for abt 6yrs over now! its the Shark Tail mode! all i hv in my rig due to a low budget is a

Morley Pro Series2 Wah Pedal - Marshall JH-1 Distortion - Boss Super Chorus ---> Marshal amp (forgot the model)
sometimes i like the way it sounds and sometimes i don!

So wat i'd like to know is :-

1) Wat do u tink of Samick Guitars.

2) Wat do u tink of my rig.

3) Wat Effects can i add to my rig to get a Gothic Rock/Metal tone ( lead )

4) If you've mentioned of effects, Where can i get them for a reasonable price (1st or 2nd hand doesn't mattter )

5) Is something wrong somewhere

Pls help me out guys cos sometimes wen i plug my rig on diff amps in the studios, i kinda have a hard time getting the sound and EQ i want!

thanx alot ppl!

really appreciate it!

i knw! as time passed i began to hate it too! but i had no $$$ to get a new one or sell it for a good price to get a Ibanez or Fender so i had to stick wif it and make do wif it :(

i bought it out of haste! i went in to Davis, saw its uniquness and somewat felt it i got it!

stupid of me rite!

i knw! no offence taken at all bro!

as time passed i began to hate it too! but i had no $$$ to get a new one or sell it for a good price to get a Ibanez or Fender so i had to stick wif it and make do wif it :(

i bought it out of haste! i went in to Davis, saw its uniquness and somewat felt it i got it!

stupid of me rite!

i had a samick interceptor II but sold it away, it wasn't bad but just, i don't really know what was it

the Greg Bennett Samicks aren't bad at all. i'd put LTD on the list if i were you.

in view of the upcoming swee lee sale, the RG321 will be a worthy purchase, considering that it's gonna be $300 after disct (assuming you won't mind a non-whammy guitar). however, keep your options open.

RG321MH_RB_1M_02.jpg

do you have any pic of your amp since you can't remember the exact model? this way, we can either suggest an amp replacement/ pedal supplements. 8)

Hello guys. Sorry to hijack the thread. :lol: currently, i have a Interceptor I which is about 1year plus. So now, i thought whether is it worth to change the neck pickup of my axe?

I want a 'strat' kind of sound. Or maybe should i just get a new guitar?
Anyway i'm open to any suggestions. :oops:

hie..
samick owner here... :D
juzz got my samick a few days ago. its an interceptor, red. i'm pretty sure there was a black one, but not there animore siar.
aniwae,

"Wat do u tink of Samick Guitars?"

well, for an electric noob(me), i tink its awesome.
eventhough i kinda "oppose" the "S" design at the headstock at first. :wink:
so, samicks are ok. value for money.

i dunno abt gothic metal, but theres this death metal pedal for 118.40 at swee lee.

my friend replaced his samick with EMGs and his guitar sounded much much better than a epiphone lespaul.

so mayb replacement of pickups can be your solution too?

Crossfire --- im not really very sure if samick guitars are reputable on a high scale or not but as far as ive tried to survey it, 90% detest it i dunno why! as for me, ive tuned it to my liking but sometimes feel i should get a better guitar as ive been stuck to this for more den 6 boring yrs! haha! The Samick i own is exactly like the Jackson Flying V! juz go to yahoo.com, images and type Jackson Flying V and you'll know wat i mean! only ting is dat the longer part rite, mine is longer!

Subversion --- thanx for the info on the guitar bro, but the prb is im totally out of stash, and i don wanna sell my guitar or effects! cos ive done alot for my guit like putting skin on it! as for my amp rite, gif me awhile cos im changing my guiitar skin again so after dats done, im gonna take a pic of my whole rig and set up!

Anep --- Bro, its embarassing for me to say this, but i'll say it none the less, ive no idea wat an Interceptor looks like man! damn paiseh sia! Samick don put the models on unlike ibanez guitars! i was so excited at time of purchase abt 6 yrs plus ago, i din enquire much abt the model name! a few days later i went back to ask and all the lady told me was " Its an Ausperal, Samick Ausperal" and honesty bro i don even know if im spelling it correctly! haha! and the best part is, ive tried to find dat model on the net and the closet i got was a Jackson Flying V! sad man!

Redjackal --- Thanx for the insight bro, really appreciate it! ive seen EMGs at Davis! they have many models and stuff im so confused of which to get! and the price varies too! and i tink installation charges are seperate if im not wrong! i mean ive always believed that the sound and tone quality is not in the name or brand of the guitar but rather in the Pickups as they are the ones that pick up the sound! (unless we're in a 4season country as the weather will play apart in the sound and the "season" guitar tingy) <--- correct me if im wrong pls!

I'll be putting new skin on my guit in a few days and willl post a pic of my whole rig and set up Asap! Thanx a whole lot guys!

Latest posts

Back