Roland keyboards/digital piano quality control (!)

have anyone sees or tries it?

i'm not too sure whether i'll like it or not though ....
as a classical pianist, i've been playin with Steinway a lot ....
tried and played bosendorfer and yamaha c3 as well ... =)

as a classical pianist, i've been playin with Steinway a lot ....
tried and played bosendorfer and yamaha c3 as well ... =)
mr piano expert owns a Steinway ?

I only own them in a Akai sample CD ?!

You can't compare the Roland with the Steinway, Bosendorfer or C3. It is not a grand. It is not even an acoustic piano It is a digital piano that looks like a grand.

But however, the KR series is superb. I've tried it in Hong Kong. Firstly, the keys have escapement built into it. The sound - no need to say more as Roland has the best piano sounds in the digital piano market - better than Yamaha. Although Yamaha digital pianos have great touch (ie the CP series), the KR series certainly is more responsive. Can play on it for hours. The build-in speakers are excellent too. You can simulate the degree of the grand piano's cover opening on the LCD screen and the sound changes accordingly.

But then, the video showing the quality control....what do you guys think about it? Amazing tests eh?

Well my workplace library has a Roland digital piano but I did not bother what kind of model it is. Perhaps I will check it out later.

I don't know about you guys but I tried the keys and it felt kind of "light" for a digital piano. It has hammer action and all the necessary stuffs for a digital piano but it just felt quite "light" lah but nonetheless it is still quite feasable for me.

hahaha ... no, me no piano =P
but when i'm still studying for my diploma, there's 2 steinway concert grand in our school theatre ..... there's another steinway for rehearsal and other one in recital studio .... so yup =)

i am really keen to try the roland ... of course i know it can't be compared with the real thing but the features is interesting ....

doubleblade, issit 'light' comparable to acoustic piano or?

the testing is cute!!!!! lolx .... glissando testing n keys struct testing is really cute ...

btw, the other video shows their anechoic chamber for sampling ... it's super cool!!! ... lolx, water is everywhere ....

Yeah its really light as compared to an acoustic piano. Just need some time to get used to the feel of the keys that all.

I like the velocity response as well. Of course don't expect it to be exactly like an acoustic piano but nonetheless again it is still feasable.

ic ic

but for 35k us ... i dun think i'll be buying that .... hahaha =P
can get a good yamaha grand with 35k us .... =)

Doubleblade, Roland keys tend to be a little on the lighter side compared to Yamaha. But that's the RD series and the Fantom. But once you go up to the KR series level, it's a totally different kind of feel.

Pianoex, you're right about the cost. But then they have the lower end series RG series (I think). Also, Steinway can't do accompaniment, midi, and definitely cannot play by itself! Although the last feature is quite useless to most of us except for ballrooms who want to attract attention to see a ghost piano player.

Yamaha's latest Disklavier also has internet function. I don't quite buy their marketing gimmick that Master classes can be performed over the net. It's not just hearing - it's seeing the person live, his hands and body movements etc.

And yes, the glissando test, drop test etc are really something!

broken pianos?
wow! that's something?
what happened ???

too many students practice on it 'til it broke?

or Elton John came banging on the pianos ???

yeah .... but as u say again ..... the feature is quite useless for us compared to the money .... =)

zenguan .... nafa is rich but stingy laa =P ... and most of our practice room piano (although it's not broken thankfully) is some yamaha cheap upright that will do harm to my hand ..... ( too too TOO much too light!!!)

broken pianos = string break, student spill drink, anyhow dirty the keys .. etc

Back