Rock and Electronica - ēHeadshakers are recruiting Drummers and Singers and etc.

Kiriva

Hi Netizens of Soft

My name is Shao, 22years old. I am an experienced bassist who has played in a variety of bands and now i wish to start my own. This band comes from a concept that I have had for a some time. Basically, as the name of the band suggests, I want to play music that will get people's heads shaking, any kind of music that will elicit such a response might be incorporated as the act of headshaking can range from the headbanging of metalheads to the dance high you get in clubs and even as a sign of disapproval from one's parents. If I had to put a name to the genre that is to be the band's direction i would call it Dance Rock and Electronica, with elements of pop, metal, funk and punk (with the possibility of dabbling in dubstep and techno in the near future).

Currently in the band are Jane, who's an amazing keyboardist and used to be involved in the underground Prog Metal scene, and Tribey, an electribe unit filling in drum duties.

We are looking for:

1) a very solid drummer to form part of the core group. Interested parties must be versatile and experienced with multiple genres, Technical, yet able to play with taste and feel. We're not asking for a jojo mayer, but being able to appreciate and re-engineer dj tracks/drum machine beats and sounds would be a big bonus.

2) We have not determined the kind of vocals we are looking for yet, so we are open to anyone interested to try. if we cant find a suitable one we may consider going the instrumental path until someone turns up. Any interested singers who feel that they are able to contribute to the concept of the band are welcome to come jam with us and we will see how it goes.

3) If there are any postrocker type guitarists out there who are able to play with taste, restraint and respect for eq and other instruments' sonic space, and is interested in experimentation with various effects to create space and layers, do hit us up and we'll have a jam.

4) any other musicians who are excited by the concept and feel that they can contribute. we are open to try anything both modern and traditional: turntablists deejays working with samples, beatboxers, flutists, bongo-beaters, etc

Examples of some songs and bands we are influenced by:

pumped up kicks - foster the people
crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Ef - Lite (japan)
Nerve with Jojo mayer and janek gwizdala
Perfume - Bajofondo Tango Club
Skrillex
Death from Above 1979
Daft punk
J.U.S.T.I.C.E
Nine Inch Nails
Prodigy
Korn
Crystal Castles

We are still experimenting and finding our identity, but once we have our members and have figured things out, we intend to chiong full steam ahead and actively participate in Singapore's music scene (Baybeats 201x, that means you).

If anyone out there is interested in being part of this experimental band and are able to commit their time and energy, please do not hestitate to contact us at Kiriva@hotmail.com or give me a call at 91116903.

Give us a try, Music is Free (jamming studios arent, but oh well....)

Plague of The Shake: Are You Infected?

Quick interception from the keyboardist here:

1. A big thank you to those who have since dropped us a note!
We're humbled & encouraged by your interest, & will revert to you shortly if we haven't.

2. We are still on an avid lookout for the mentioned musicians;
so if this piques your interest, & would like to be a part of this experimental project, hit us up!

3. Add-on to some songs & bands we're influenced by:

- 8 Bit Love (http://www.myspace.com/8bitlove)
- Gorillaz
- Incubus (Dig); eg of guitar layers
- RHCP (This Velvet Glove); eg of guitar concept of space, as opposed to spam

Jane

thanks for all the responses. If there are any other interested musicians please do not hestitate to contact us at 91116903. specifically we are still considering Vocalists, Rappers and Guitarists of the postrocker effects and delay layers persuasion. Other more eclectic forms of instrumentation will also be considered.

Back