Question on Japanese Fender Strats~

Asutsi

I looked through some guitars on Ishibashi and I noticed several of these Fender Stratocasters.

ST62-DCM
ST62-US
ST62-TX

Which has me confused. I saw that the TX had texas special PUs and the US has american PUs.

Is ST62-US --> Standard Strat
and ST62-TX --> Special Strat?
And the ST62-DCM?

Sorry for the noob question, got really confused by these jap strats.

if I were you, I would be more concerned with the different tone woods options rather than the pickup options. pickups can always be swapped out.

I would just get a used one here and swap to whatever pickups you like. more value for money and less confusion.

Good point. I'll probably be doing that. Thanks. :)

But i'd still like to know the differences between those strats, other then the PUs. o_O

Hey!

According to the Fender JP site, they've all got the same specs on them in terms of neck, frets, nut width etc. The only difference is that the ST62-US is made from Basswood while the ST62-TX is Alder. Nothing on the DCM there!

Hope it helps!

I looked through some guitars on Ishibashi and I noticed several of these Fender Stratocasters.

ST62-DCM
ST62-US
ST62-TX

Which has me confused. I saw that the TX had texas special PUs and the US has american PUs.

And the ST62-DCM?

those with US suffix comes with US Vintage pickups. body is usually basswood. TX means it comes with Texas Special pickups and body is usually alder. "DMC" denotes that it is equipped with Dimarzio Custom pickups

ST62-DCM
ST62-US
ST62-TX

And the ST62-DCM?

This link will answer most (if not all) of your questions from the wood to PUs. :)
http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/products_stratocaster.html

Some older Japanese fender models though are based on the factory retail price when they were produced.
You might see something like ST62-55 (retail 55k yen), ST62-70 (retail 70k yen), ST62-105DMC, etc.

Back