SOLD Price Reduced, YAMAHA TRB 5 strings. . Going for $1,050. Almost Mint Condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassmentOne

YAMAHA TRB 1005. 35"scale Neck!

‘Among the Finest Boutique Basses in the Word’

Demanding bassists have long appreciated the beauty and unparalleled playability of the TRB Series basses. These top-of-the-line instruments feature active electronics, a 35" scale neck, and premium grade materials to create the finest basses for the mostdiscriminating players.

Letting go of one TRB 1005 collection. Selling only because I Need to make more space in my room.

Caramel Brown(Red): Photos of actual bass guitar taken at my garden.
6937011819_7cc4a814b1_z.jpg

Condition 9.8/10, slightly used only. Part of my collection of TRB's.

6937011859_d00ea32f18_n.jpg
6937011865_e02c8bb9af_n.jpg

Was selling $1,200 decided to make a quick deal with a lower price.
Letting go $1,050.(Slightly negotiable)
6937011797_a3d178ec41_n.jpg
6937011815_ba65a03b85_n.jpg

Almost New, showroom condition.
6937011843_0bf0a1d5a7.jpg

Call this number Hp: 96340925 and we can discuss to deal. General specifications
Construction Bolt-on
Scale Length 35" (889mm)
Fingerboard Rosewood
Radius 19 11/16" (500mm)
Frets 24
Body Maple/Alder
Neck Maple
Bridge Solid Brass
Pickups Alnico V Hum-Canceled x 2
Controls Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ

Five-string model
TRB was born as a versatile 6-string bass guitar along with the greater involvement of synthesizers in music in end of 1980s. TRB has been developed to cover low tonal range with a 6th string (low B), which could not be reached by orthodox 4-string bass, and also the 1st (high C) makes possible for advanced players for further improvisation and expression.

TRB has employed a longer scale length of 35" to increase crisp tonal character in low range and great feel for string tension. TRB's low-noise PU and 3-band active circuit produce well-balanced clear sound and provide access to a wider range of tonal possibilities. As a result of Yamaha's countless efforts for innovation, TRB has been supported by many professional musicians since its debut in 1989 and become an icon of a 5 and 6-string bass in the world.

Call this number Hp: 96340925 to deal. As always testing is a must before you buy, no dealing in MRTs, etc.......
Testing at Jurong with a Hartke 120w bass amp.

Thanks from : Bassment One 'Where All My Basses Are Kept'

I would like to take this opportunity to warn viewers of the above buyer. I recently bought a bass from him while testing the bass at his place. What I noticed immediately was, the action of the bass was very high (nearly half a cm from the last fret). I asked him if he had allen keys to make adjustments to the neck/saddles, he said he does not have any. I did intensive research on the bass before going over to test it. Because it's supposedly made in the same factory as Korean Laklands, I had misplaced faith in the construction quality of the bass. 2nd thing I noticed was that a switch when filpped, caused the sound of the bass to be overly boosted in the lower mids. I thought 'this is ok, can be fixed without high cost, and the bass still sounds ok without using the switch'. So I asked for a discount the bass and got it for 850, owing to the fact that I gave this guy a 200 dollar discount on a bass I sold him long ago.

After a few days when i had time, I took it upon myself to set the bass up to a more comfortable playing action. Bear in mind, I don't expect this bass to have 'buttery low action' and to play like a Fodera or MTD. However, the bass had a bad fret job at the 1st and 7th fret and buzzed upon slightly harder playing. In fact, its impossible to avoid buzzing as long I wanted to play longer sustained notes. Terrible defect!

I called the seller and initially told him nicely that the bass is defective and if I can get a refund with the bass in the same condition. Almost immediately, he shot a question back at me "Why don't you sell the bass yourself?" Things got nasty in an instant. It was apparent he's not willing to meet me halfway in any kind of situation. I'm not willing to sell the bass as it is to recoup my loss because it's not even in DECENT playing CONDITION. Sure, I could get fret-levelling done and move on. But it's important that I post this to remind potential buyers to test properly and know that this guy, is likely not to be a nice 'after-sales' fella. I've done returns before when buyers were unhappy, and i hoped he would have done the same. But I guess he rather makes enemies than to honor things the right way. Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back