Powerofpop Updates

soulalt

Okay, have decided to consolidate the PoP updates into this single thread.

Anyways, have just posted the reviews for -

Dream Bitches - Coke-and-Spiriters

From Bubblegum to Sky - A Soft Kill

Also check out

Pinholes - Acoustic Sessions

Allura - Wake Up and Smell the Seaweed

Thanks for your kind attention.

Comments always welcome

KEVIN

Just added a review of Rhode Island's Landmarks, Junctions, Etc

Available free online.

Find out more.

Just added a review of Jeremy's Yesterday, Today and Forever album. One of the better Beatles tribute albums out there.

Check it out!

Hancock was s letdown. The concept of superhero hobo was entertaining and watching Will Smith fly around with a bottle of whiskey was pretty cool, to say the least. Still the twist was terrible and felt like they found the crappiest way to end a movie ever and an excuse to string together some laughable action scenes. It's funny how they tried to market it to be some action-packed dramedy, which is the exact opposite of what it should have been. (a dark superhero comedy)

I was surprised to find Peter Berg helming this, given the quality of his recent work. The Kingdom was fairly entertaining without being too overly preachy. I have to put more blame on the screenplay rather than the direction though.

I will agree that Berg may have had a problem with the shifting tone of the movie but I think it works as a satire and the back-story is as believable as most comic book super hero origin stories. But I liked the way Berg took chances with this movie and there were some pretty good laughs along the way and I enjoyed Smith's unconventional performance.

Back