power adapters for multi effects

xklusivly4u

Hi,

Does anyone here has an experience on multi effects buy from USA and use them in Singapore? I concern about the voltage as I think they use 120 V but some of the adapter allow to use between 100~240 V.

Any idea?

I got my GNX from the USA, if you take what ever unit you have down to the swee lee service centre they will find a power adapter for you that won't damage your unit. OR you could just by a 3pin 50Hz to USA 60Hz transformer and use the adapter that it comes with.

Transformer converter does not change the frequency from 50Hz to 60Hz. It just steps down to 110V for your equipment.

Changing of frequency is very complex and most such circuits could introduce unwanted interference harmonics to your equipment.

mikemann said:
Transformer converter does not change the frequency from 50Hz to 60Hz. It just steps down to 110V for your equipment.

Changing of frequency is very complex and most such circuits could introduce unwanted interference harmonics to your equipment.

Fine 50 60 hz adapter. And it is very complex but you can easily find adapters, I got one from 'the gadget shop' last year.

thanks guys.

beckerfan, what GNX model do you have?
Can you buy GNX power adapters at Swee Lee? did you get one for yourself?

I am thinking to get GNx2000.

thanks

xklusivly4u said:
thanks guys.

thanks

I have the GNX 4, yeah swee lee will sell you one, yeah I did.

beckerfan said:
xklusivly4u said:
thanks guys.

thanks

I have the GNX 4, yeah swee lee will sell you one, yeah I did.

how much did you pay to get one? Is it a GNX4 or GNX3 adapter? Or they all are the same?

That's just a step un step down thing, basically, if you look in the tech specs of the mult effect you want you will find a power rating thing, on the GNX4 it is "9V - 2.1A" So you look and some adapter in singapore, and they should say on them "Input =230v, 50Hz - 0.14A Output = 9V - 2.1A". The thing you picked just goes from 110V 0.48A to 220V and 0.24A in AC. This is usless for Multi effects as most require DC current, AC will really mess them up. So in summary, look at the tech specs on the multi effects that you want, go to Sim Lim/Swee Lee with the specs and ask for something that will work. If this fails post again here.

Back