POT GUITAR

steel

Hi guys!! Can u guys tell me more abt pot guitar esp those who own one..im curious abt tat guitar...TKS!!

I think this question has been asked a couple of times in the past, by myself also but I didn't post. I think it's probably cuz these guitars are good but not well-known.

http://www.guitarhandmade.com/

I believe that's the company who makes POT guitars, it's apparently known under many differents, Atlas in australia and POT in singapore.

(I removed my mistake here, sry if I caused any confusion)

I tried one PRS Santana clone(according to G77) at G77, and it blew me away. At below 2k list, the guitar played better than any guitar I've tried(accept maybe the JS). Sustain was fluid and consistent despite the tremolo bridge. And the tremolo bridge took all of my whammy stuff easily, stayed in tune throughout the whole time. Finish was good, though i didn't really bother about that. Very comfortable overal fit, probably cuz it's a clone anyway. The only problem that it had was probably it's average pickups and electronics, who knows?

oh ya, the brand, big minus for brandwhores. Big plus for players who know what they want, cuz there's no hype in the pricing.

They also do custom orders i think, anyone sure about this? if yes, then I think it's a very worthy investment if you're looking for affordable custom shops.

tried one at g77, never asked wat model so i dont know. friend told me to try it.

personally i feel that they are just a tad bit overpriced. but definitely better priced than big brand names. worth it if u want something with quality to match branded ones and dont wanna pay that kinda 'branded' price.

i'd personally just order the body and neck from warmoth or USACG and then install all electronics myself. alot cheaper as well (depending on what kinda specs u want)

i'd personally just order the body and neck from warmoth or USACG and then install all electronics myself. alot cheaper as well (depending on what kinda specs u want)

+1 been there, done that

POT --> Product of Thailand
I believe POT stands for "Proclaimation of Obedience and Trust". It's written on the head stock from the earlier pieces. It's a phrase taken from a Catholic context.

ps. I initially thought it means something you smoke to get high! :lol:

I tried one PRS Santana clone(according to G77) at G77, and it blew me away. At below 2k list, the guitar played better than any guitar I've tried(accept maybe the JS). Sustain was fluid and consistent despite the tremolo bridge. And the tremolo bridge took all of my whammy stuff easily, stayed in tune throughout the whole time. Finish was good, though i didn't really bother about that. Very comfortable overal fit, probably cuz it's a clone anyway. The only problem that it had was probably it's average pickups and electronics, who knows?

oh ya, the brand, big minus for brandwhores. Big plus for players who know what they want, cuz there's no hype in the pricing.

They also do custom orders i think, anyone sure about this? if yes, then I think it's a very worthy investment if you're looking for affordable custom shops.
Ditto the above. The downside is you may have trouble selling it next time due to the "brand thing".

I've 2 POTs myself. One is a carved all maple semi-hollowbody, the other a solid koa body "tele" with one-piece rosewood neck. Both are slapped with Bare Knuckle humbuckers, "The Mule" and "Steve Steven's Rebel Yell" respectively. Tonally stimulating! :mrgreen:

pothollowsmall.jpg
potkoasmall.jpg

Les Paul related: if anyone wish to compare the POT craftsmanship against Gibson's, please be informed that it's definitely on par.

Thanks to james for shifting the thread.

Paulo also! "paul signature custom with bare knuckle warpig!"

Back