Phil Collins/Genesis

faizal_rocks

I duno if there are many Phil Collins fans here but the 1st song I listened to by him was Another Day in Paradise. I was only Pri 1 at the time and I was at my grandma`s house and I remember hearing sumthing from my uncle`s room. Sounded like a traditional blowpipe sounds, very dark and all of a sudden, wham! The main 8 keyboard notes of that intro riff suddenly hit me. It was the best thing I`ve ever heard at the time. Nice melody, PC`s incredible voice. U dun hear tat nowadays in today`s music.

3 years back, I discovered that PC was once from Genesis. A multi genre band of different eras. A progressive rock band in the 70s with Peter Gabriel as the singer, PC as the drummer and of coz, PC became the singer of the band in the 80s. Hmm I wondered if PC was selling out cos when Genesis was reduced to 3 members, they became commercially successful pop stars in the 80s like Invisible Touch, That`s All etc. But PC was also able to make successful solo albums during the 80s too which had the trademark synth-horns sound like Sussidio, one more night, dont lose my number etc.

Any Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel or Genesis fans here? Just curious..: )

My mum who totally don't listen to English songs said that Another Day In Paradise, 很好听... (very nice) :lol:

That was when I was still in Pri/Sec sch days...

hehe i cant dance.. i remember that one..

i agree ,, i especially love their 70's look, with all that majestic outfits and analog synths..

among my personal favs = mama, the lamb lies down on broadway

I just bought his "Finally...First Farewell Tour" DVD.

That man is unbelievable talented.

Full of humour and laughter.

The dvd features drum duet between Phill and Chester Thompson. A drummer's treat!!

Go get this dvd.. Its worth every dollars and cents!

shred5 said:
I just bought his "Finally...First Farewell Tour" DVD.

That man is unbelievable talented.

Full of humour and laughter.

The dvd features drum duet between Phill and Chester Thompson. A drummer's treat!!

Go get this dvd.. Its worth every dollars and cents!

His guitarist Daryl Streumer rocks too...haha...I`ve seen him in the Genesis The Way We Walk DVD and he really plays very good esp in the Firth of Fifth guitar solo :)

The guitarists rocks..

The bassist looks like a ZZ Top with the long beard.. :D

I frequent Phil's music when I'm not in a mood for metal/rock! :wink:

Oh.. and i love his Sabian cymbals!

zerosoul79 said:
hehe i cant dance.. i remember that one..

i agree ,, i especially love their 70's look, with all that majestic outfits and analog synths..

among my personal favs = mama, the lamb lies down on broadway

I though Peter Gabriel was the only one at the time with all the weird costumes? haha..

mama is a great song, full of feeling and tat drum loop..awesome...:)

faizal_rocks said:
Which one u talking about, Daryl Strumer or Mike Rutherford? Cos both of them interchange guitars and bass on stage...: P

For the dvd, it Leland Sklar

Back