Peavey rage 158

hey...i am using it now...its been with me for 2-3 years or so. It is versatile n can give u good tones by playing ard with e EQ. dont give problems...juz enuf power to play in ur room n can on juz nice volume to play ard with sustaine, harmonics etc...feedback etc...so far i think its a good affordable n worth buying amp...

Btw guyz....what u all think of Peavey Rage 108. what u guys think is e suitable price to put for resale....wats e market price...??

thank u very much!

oh btw....i think i read it wrongly or u name e amp wrongly..mine is transtube blazer158...i never heard of rage158....oh maybe its juz my mistake..sorry!

Peavey Rage 158 is my first guitar amp which I got around 8 years ago I think. I'm still using it as a practice amp at home (even though the volume knob is a bit cranky now :lol: ). Nothing too fantastic, but good enough for me at home. Has built-in 'distortion' channel but I don't use it since I'm using my own pedals.

No built-in reverb/chorus, so it's really really basic.

One said:
oh btw....i think i read it wrongly or u name e amp wrongly..mine is transtube blazer158...i never heard of rage158....oh maybe its juz my mistake..sorry!

the blazer and the rage are the same amp except the blazer features a reverb, and the rage doesn't

something like a mild echo...

juz imagine urself singing in an empty but spacious hall and you'll hear the difference...

decent amp. my amp. Tweaking the Eq and the distortion, u can get a pretty decent distortion.

im using rage 158 myself
sound is so-so, the inbuilt distortion could use some work, but i guess the price is right

Hm, Im using the peavey blazer 158. Everytime when i turn it on, i get a pop sound, even when turning all my knobs to 0 i get a soft pop sound. I hope nothing blows :?

Yeah, and the buzzing drives me mad. Tt got worse when i plugged in my new les paul. Even after i turned off the amp i can hear the buzzing in my head. LOL.

Tell me about it dude..

i'm using the blazer 158 too...and yes..i get that POP sound as well..

there's something wrong with it i feel...i have to plug my guitar into the middle hole instead of the usual one on the extreme left

if i plug it into the left hole..i dun hear a thing or worse still...it suddenly goes berzerk and produces a very shrill loud noise!

Personally I find its a very good practice amp. Very nice warm tube-simulated overdrive. But then again that one I was using was made in USA purchased abt the same time Elias bought his also. I bought it for only about $80 first hand, fr Swee Lee. Later I think the lower quality ones started flooding the market. Low quality, high price.

Things nowadays are getting so expensive, n quality of standard dropping... Can't imagine if my amp breaks down on me...

omg. jaymz that sounds very serious :eek:

the hole in the middle is for cd input you know :lol: haha. maybe i should try that too, see what happens. tmr then.

stillwater : i totally agree with u...my friend is using a vintage roland amp an it plays like a dream! was pretty cheap too...but he got it way back la

mitth : i'm so paranoid man...skarli one day it blows up man...hahaha

but i'll be getting a new one soon la...probably a 10-watter :lol:

Haha, try turning on all the knobs to full, den turn on ur blazer 158 :twisted:

Don't come and look for me if you end up dead :lol:

Anw, dun get a 10w! Get a ROLAND CUBE 30. Hahahaha.

jaymz said:
Tell me about it dude..

i'm using the blazer 158 too...and yes..i get that POP sound as well..

My Rage 158 does have the pop sound too... but then again, it's like, 8 years of usage already...wahaha. The input jack is a bit ficklety (if there's such a word), so is the volume knob...but is usually fine after I wiggle them a little...heh.

Latest posts

Back