Pearl Rhythm Traveller Kit

hello again!

the sizes are as follows:

toms: 10", 12" and 14"
snare: 13"

I doubt the snare will sound good with new remo skins -.- mine didn't, and i only experimented with the black dot centre batter head la coz i already had a snare in mind to buy so i didn't bother much. from what i heard, black dot centre batters not good for snares, so try a different batter head for the snare.

what cymbals you want to get depends very much on what kinda style you play. a good basic set would of course be the paiste pst5. it's cheap and sounds good. when you play around and discover more, you'll come to like certain sounds more, it's something personal la, need to discover. like for me, i'm slowly buying ziljian k customs, they sound great to me :)

btw, friends who also own an RT. i got a question. I want to change my single-headed toms to ones with both batter n resonance heads. is it possible? is it some universal thing that any tom can be fitted on any kit? (i doubt it lol). I actually want to do some semi-professional recording, but i'm sure that RT stock toms don't give the correct sound, and mostly i'm afraid that the RT is not cut for being recorded at all. your views please :) if i have to change my kit, i'll like to do it soon la, jia lat if i get very used to this heh

thx (and sorry for hijacking this thread for a while blledingeye :p)

very good practice kit.

go for a hip gig if u wish to bring it out. other than the sound, i don't think rt would be durable with the frequent "outfield".

for that price, i rather u go for tama stagestar.

yeah tama stagestar costs like 600+ and i dunno where to find em tho but, they have resonance head on their toms...

a great tuning will definately make ur RT sounds awesome. Have u seen arbiter flats???

Flats are generally drumsets without any shells. Bro DH has one and it sounds AWESOME!!! so i bet with a little help in tuning, im sure RT are alright too.

Back