paul gilbert's gear!

echoist

as i've promised, here are the pics of paul's gear during his Space One Gig here:

soft-paulsgear1.jpg

soft-paulsgear2.jpg

check out his efx: tu2, ge7, dd3, phase 90, an old ADA flanger and ds1, run in that order from guitar to amp. the ds1 looks stock, and definitely not a keeley. (i took a very close look at it!) the floor board is actually a piece of wood painted black and fixed with velcro.

both the v guitars i was told by his tech he got it from e-bay. they r called "Rocking Roll" i guess, coz that is what on the headstock. note the modern looking 6 in aside ibanez h/stocks instead of the more traditional 3 on both side h/stock.

i'm not sure abt the pgm, could be a custom piece by ibanez. its got a red transparent top and its damn f***ing heavy. so it might not be basswood. could be mahagony with a maple top. i'm just guessing. the back looks dark brown like on a les paul, but that is just the stain. it looks like the one he played on "racer x live at the whisky" dvd. he didn't use it that night tho'. note: just 2 h/b with no s/c middle p/u. and p/u's mounted on rings instead of direct onto body.

he uses 2 amp heads, the marshall and the laney. the signal from the efx goes to the marshall head, and the laney was used as the slave amp.

hope u guys (and gals of course...) like this!

p.s. i still feel sad for those of paul's fan who were not able to see him backstage. some still were waiting in line even after he had left. i guess his manager wanted him to see less fans.

wah his effects look surprisingly simple, guess he uses the built in distortion from the amps?

all the guitars got same colour tone...is that the fashion now? :)

Haha, i think he pre-selected those guitars to match that spacesuit he was wearing. And yea, I suppose Paul prefers the amp's onboard distortion.

yes, it is true! when i 1st saw that on the guitar i was kind of huhh!? it a funny name! no wonder ""Rocking Roll" sounds kinda of wrong to me!

thnx...

Cool pix and all those info....very detail indeed.....Love them.....

Btw...dats not a PGM800. Most PGMs productions are reverse headstock. Dats a custom from Ibanez for him only. There are also other earlier version like PGM100 n PGM200. Dats a PGM700....maybe....

I personally feel that the Ibanez headstock really suits the flying v shape. It's like, the perfect match :D

Cool pix and all those info....very detail indeed.....Love them.....

Btw...dats not a PGM800. Most PGMs productions are reverse headstock. Dats a custom from Ibanez for him only. There are also other earlier version like PGM100 n PGM200. Dats a PGM700....maybe....

sorry to say its not a PGM700 either.PGM700 is the one that looks like violin. The pgm in that pic is a custom made PGM for Paul himself and wasn't in any production line up of the PGM series =)

Latest posts

Back