Overdrive pedal or amp

darkballa

I jsut found out my huitar sounds good with overdrive from my vantagevg15r combined with my ds-2. i am currently looking for a pedal or amp with a good smooth overdrive mostly for probably chords and rythm stuff because my leads are mostly distortion.

the Vantage VG12R is a solid-state amp, is it not? If it is, I think you mixed up overdrive and distortion. Overdrive is the sound breakup when a tube amp is cranked. Do you mean that you're running the DS-2 in addition to the onboard distortion already on the amp?

Some good (and cheap) overdrive pedals are the Boss SD-1 and the Ibanez Tubescreamer TS7. If you have cash to spare, take a look at the more expensive boutique and well-known pedals, the Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9, TS808 and the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde come to mind.

:rock:

mero said:
the Vantage VG12R is a solid-state amp, is it not? If it is, I think you mixed up overdrive and distortion. Overdrive is the sound breakup when a tube amp is cranked. Do you mean that you're running the DS-2 in addition to the onboard distortion already on the amp?

Some good (and cheap) overdrive pedals are the Boss SD-1 and the Ibanez Tubescreamer TS7. If you have cash to spare, take a look at the more expensive boutique and well-known pedals, the Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9, TS808 and the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde come to mind.

:rock:

actually it its a vg15r and it says overdrive and it has that warm sound so i im pretty sure its overdrive +it says voerdrive on the knob. i really want to get the ts-9 though

The SD-1 is a cheap alternative to a TS-9, and you can get Randolf to mod it to TS-9 specs if you want to, all in all still cheaper than a TS-9. He's embryo on the forums.

Latest posts

Back