Over loud open Hi-hats

still shiok as ever hahha! those hats work VERY VERY well with whips too. can play RnB.

yea man i think shouldnt ever sell these away hehe.

thanks guys for the the info man, really apprecaited :D

i think i have gotten used to the volume of my open hi hats, occasionally still trying to control the opennning of them if they are overly loud.

got another question here that gonna do with loudness, i see most studios the snare and the tom have a piece of circular plastic placed on them, what does it actually do ar? I heard that it had the same effect of like tapping tissue on the drum heads (though i dunno whats the effect). Does placing the pice of circular plastic lowers the volume?

oh ya, does stuffing stuff in the bass lowers the voume too?

just a couple of doubts in my mind XD thanks :)

penko said:
thanks guys for the the info man, really apprecaited :D

i think i have gotten used to the volume of my open hi hats, occasionally still trying to control the opennning of them if they are overly loud.

got another question here that gonna do with loudness, i see most studios the snare and the tom have a piece of circular plastic placed on them, what does it actually do ar? I heard that it had the same effect of like tapping tissue on the drum heads (though i dunno whats the effect). Does placing the pice of circular plastic lowers the volume?

oh ya, does stuffing stuff in the bass lowers the voume too?

just a couple of doubts in my mind XD thanks :)

i think stuffing stuff in the bass drum makes it sound more solid. but stuffing too much will jjust make it sound dead.

The actual term is muffling or dampen. Not in the aspect of having a more 'solid' sound, but muffling within the bass drum or on toms and snares, serve to eliminate the highs, decreasing its boominess and overtones, increase focus and bring out the lows, and enriching the mids, tats y u have the so-called 'solid' sound.

bro sometimes the hats you use also make a difference.

some very cutting, piercing, sharp (thats why you get ear ringing and ear pain)

some are more mellow.

do put the type of hats you are using to consideration in your decision

blissuicide said:
The actual term is muffling or dampen. Not in the aspect of having a more 'solid' sound, but muffling within the bass drum or on toms and snares, serve to eliminate the highs, decreasing its boominess and overtones, increase focus and bring out the lows, and enriching the mids, tats y u have the so-called 'solid' sound.

oh i understand now, so thats what all the pieces of platics and sticking tissues does :)

thanks guys!

Back