Ordering Sustainiac Steath kit

The driver is what we are making. Between neck pu and the neck itself will be fine with the bridge pickup as the driving pickup. If you use the neck pickup as the driving pickup then cannot. Basically the driver has to be quite a distance from the driving pickup.

Some people have had some success with shunts, metal pieces used to deflect the magnetic waves. But it's better to not have the problem in the first place than to cure it I feel.

By the way, go here http://owenkelly.com/ if you're gonna order the sustiniac kit (gotta scroll down a bit till you see the JEM pics). Looks like quite some major routing will be required.
gougedandstrippedjem.jpg

routedbatterycavity.jpg

I'm very adverse to routing. I have a belief that every part of the wood on my guitar affects the vibrations and overtones so I won't be buying their systems.

I just want a sustainer with an On/Off and a Fundemental/Harmonic switch. Their systems are a lot more complex that what I want, so most likely I'll keep working on building my own until I am successful.

I just hope my cavity is big enough to hold the electronics. apparently strat n lespaul styles do havea large enough cavity.. gdluck to u both anyway :)

Back