Opinions for an amplifier

Amirulhawkk

hello,im currently using a hamer guitar(humbucker), vox da5 amp with muza multi effects but the sound is quite shitty. i normally play pop punk,metal songs that have heavy distortion sound.but the vox da5 could not deliver that sound. and got feedback noise when i put to 3o clock for the vol. so any good amps to recommend? 10w maximum.thank you

an amp's watt rating is not an accurate indicator for volume management.

imo, most important point here to consider is your budget. what range are we looking at?

i saw a $200 2nd hand ROland Cube 20x.
it has pretty much good reviews on it.
maybe you wan to check it out in the classified ads?

alternatively, you can do away with an amp entirely, get a modeller unit & plug it into a monitor for a more convincing tone since this is gonna stay indoors, yes? an example would be:

kurzweil+pocket+pod.JPG

NuX mighty 15 amp, I think $130+
so far that's the best and cheapest small amp I've played on

TS, u are getting the distortion from the muza or the amp?

i'd suggest a vox pathfinder 15r for basic cleans then if the muza doesnt give u a nice distortion, get something else.

pop punk and metal? i use a pedaltank G2 pedal. use that on blink 182 and iron maiden and many more.

ot: @sub: hey i use those monitors as well! i connect my pod hd to that as my main rig now more than my blackstar ht-5! haha

i saw a $200 2nd hand ROland Cube 20x.
it has pretty much good reviews on it.
maybe you wan to check it out in the classified ads?

+1 The roland amps are quite good. I tried them at my friends house before and the disortion channels were good.

I have the Blackstar HT 5 combo (5 watt) and has a very nice a smooth high gain sound and a sweet clean sound. Am very happy with it.
If you are looking for the "Thrash metal - Tripple recitifier" type of sound, this is not your thing but it delivers a smooth, warm middle to high gain sound, for nice & heavy AC/DC & Guns n roses type of sounds. Its surprisingly loud for 5 watt. You can keep up with a sturdy bass and drummer for practice. The amp sounds best when you turn it up (as every valve amp does) it has a single ECC83 and a 12BH17 valve.
There is a line and headphone out (Speaker emulated) to practice in silence.
It sound great without added distortions overdrives etc Just add a touch of reverb and you have a killer tone!
Try it.

I have the Blackstar HT 5 combo (5 watt) and has a very nice a smooth high gain sound and a sweet clean sound. Am very happy with it.
If you are looking for the "Thrash metal - Tripple recitifier" type of sound, this is not your thing but it delivers a smooth, warm middle to high gain sound, for nice & heavy AC/DC & Guns n roses type of sounds. Its surprisingly loud for 5 watt. You can keep up with a sturdy bass and drummer for practice. The amp sounds best when you turn it up (as every valve amp does) it has a single ECC83 and a 12BH17 valve.
There is a line and headphone out (Speaker emulated) to practice in silence.
It sound great without added distortions overdrives etc Just add a touch of reverb and you have a killer tone!
Try it.

where u buy it and how much it cost?:)

hey sorry, i forgot about your budget of below $200. for modelling amps around $200 i would recommend the slightly cheaper variant of the two amps i suggested just now,

Line 6 Spider IV 15 - $165.75
Vox VT20+ -$221

however, both amps are equiped with an 8-inch speaker. cone size affects overall tone in a subtle way, and bigger ones tend to sound more bassy while smaller ones tend to sound a little more trebblish. i won't go for these two amps if i had a choice. if you play rock and you would like to get a low tight chugg out of palm mutes, i would recommend getting an amp equiped with a 12" cone.

if you really want to get the biggest bang for your buck and not in a rush however, it's recommended that you camp around the soft classified ads and wait for a good deal for a month or so. most people sell their 2nd hand stuff between 50% to 75% of the original price so you would be able to get higher end amps ranging originally costing around $300 to $400 with a $200 budget.

Back