OM: smoke on the water solo

it's a bit lacking in treble for my taste. (unless u're trying to do a ritchie blackmore + steve morse combo sound)

other than that... if u like this sound... it's generally ok... sounds cutting enough and not too piercing to the ears. no need to change pickups unless u're looking for something more beefy or unique sounding.

IMHO......a lot of work needs to be done.....it exposes a lot of your technique flaws.....timing seems out on certain parts......wrong notes.....no vibrato...very emotionless....bending is inaccurate....

but that's just my opinion.......a good try....with more practise could be better :)

Steve Morse's solo 4 smoke on the water very diffirent compared to Ritchie Blackmore or Tommy Bolin's...dun worry - improvise your own feel & play it your own style...

When ever we get rqst to play DAT song...I start first 4 barres org line then the rest of solo goreng...

Just remember that the solo passage should fit the song not only technical wise but also feel wise...

:wink:

flash_tay said:
IMHO......a lot of work needs to be done.....it exposes a lot of your technique flaws.....timing seems out on certain parts......wrong notes.....no vibrato...very emotionless....bending is inaccurate....

but that's just my opinion.......a good try....with more practise could be better :)

kk, thanks for the input, i was trying out some of beats and triplets, prob gotta work on that anw more input on the tone

Back