OM - chanmin's matt rawk attempt.

I think the guitar is slightly out of tune...

I liked the slow-ish pace you got there and the how you tried to bring it up a notch each time thru some speedy passages and tapping parts. Nice ideas there and good shaping of the solo.

On the other hand, I thought that the playing was rather shaky esp at the beginning where its slow and all. There's this lack of confidence I would say... sounded like you were feeling naked without the distorted rhythm guitars and synths? Then there were times when the control on the faster passages could have been better...

Not a bad shot though, mate! ;) Nice improvisation! Hope the comments help...

haha guitar was in tune la... just some of my bends werent up to pitch ... :(
yeap the starting bits i was kinda shaky.. not knowing what to play... tried ot build it up after awhile. pardon the playing la... this is my first proper recording of my current setup .. the 5150 miced with a sm57.. will PRACTISE more!!! :twisted:

ChanMin: What backing track did u use? When I listened to your song I could swear I heard that backing before. Then I searched through all my guitar stuffs on my comp and found a video of a guitarist playing to that exact same backing. What's the name of it if you don't mind?

ChanMin said:
haha guitar was in tune la... just some of my bends werent up to pitch ... :(
yeap the starting bits i was kinda shaky.. not knowing what to play... tried ot build it up after awhile. pardon the playing la... this is my first proper recording of my current setup .. the 5150 miced with a sm57.. will PRACTISE more!!! :twisted:

We're all here to learn man. ;)

Rock well! :twisted:

killer lah channy boy!!! i really dug the 2nd half of the song when the tapping came in...climax baby! *kowtows* nice and tasty playing just the way i like it :)

dhalif played to this b4.. i think thts why u heard of it too?.. if i am not wrg.. i send u this recding rte chan??

Nope the video I have definitely not Dhalif. Nvm found the backing track in one of my folders...

yah i took the backing called Eightysomthing. then i just took the bit of the song which i felt was more ... rawk.. the beginning abit draggy..

thanks for all the pointers!! i think i need to sit down and practise alot more man ... been hearing my own track ..:(

Back