not so heavy bass guitar

zuomeng

Can anyone name me some of the lighter bass guitars around? I play a Yamaha 1500A (about 4 kg) and it 's a bit of a struggle lugging that thing around on public transport (and then playing it after).

BTW, I seriously think manufacturers should put in how much guitars weigh in their specs. It helps a lot!

zuomeng

if you read instrument reviews in 'zines, they do give the approx weight of the featured product in the spec list. i think it's a useful reference...

are you in any position to buy stuff online? because if you are, then this Ibanez is one of the most spine-friendly bass around:

519777.jpg

whoa tats a cool one. i've been looking arnd for a hofner copy of the violin bass. there's one by Rogue VB-100. but cant seem to find it.

heaviness is part of fun! as paul simonon said of his fender p-bass. i find lighter bass guitars move less air somehow..maybe its just me.
or go the zakk wylde/pete steele way: "eat lots of steak and pump iron, and you'll be fine."

sometimes a heavier guitar makes a better guitar, this is because he wood is more dense, enabling it to sound 'fuller' and rich.

check out some of wood descriptions at www.warmoth.com

they make good customised guitars too. if i had the $$. $_$

If you wan, you can try the Tanglewood Beatle Bass Clone.

Living Strings happen to have one!

Tried it before liaoz, quite lite! Action is nice and looks chio also!

Cheers! Merry Xmas and Happy New year!

Prataz said:
If you wan, you can try the Tanglewood Beatle Bass Clone.

Living Strings happen to have one!

Tried it before liaoz, quite lite! Action is nice and looks chio also!

Cheers! Merry Xmas and Happy New year!

cool where is tt ?

It's at excelsor centre basement, which is also the place u can find Guitar Connection, Guitar 77, Maestro Guitars and Living Strings

Very near Davis =)

Cheers

Prataz said:
It's at excelsor centre basement, which is also the place u can find Guitar Connection, Guitar 77, Maestro Guitars and Living Strings

Very near Davis =)

Cheers

jsut found out today too :p
went there. no price on it yet ?

How's the feel of that thing?

Boleh? I can't play it well coz i'm a lefty

U will need to ask timonthy the owner wor, with regards to the pricez

haha
he mentioned u ! he say got one lefty came in on sunday and asked. lol . he say price cant confirm yet . but i am expecting somewhere in the reigion of 300-400 . the epiphone hofner bass is 700

I'm also trying to ask if he can bring in one for me =P

But i think will be more then tat i guess coz tanglewood list price on net for tat pice is 249 pounds wah........

Hopefully will be cheaper in SG ahahahahahaha

Prataz said:
I'm also trying to ask if he can bring in one for me =P

But i think will be more then tat i guess coz tanglewood list price on net for tat pice is 249 pounds wah........

Hopefully will be cheaper in SG ahahahahahaha

wah ! tanglewood so ex meh ? i hope lor ... 300-400 would be a nice reigion :D

Latest posts

Back