no sound coming out from the imac

iamdar

ok heres the problem.

we've got a yamaha MW10c mixer here direct USB plugged into our mac.

we've tried recording guitar parts with a sm57 on cubase AI4. Do we dearly need to have speakers/headphones plugged into our mixer and not use the in-built speakers of the imac. there is no sound coming out from the imac when the track is being played back.

urgently need help.

If you really must use your inbuilt speakers to monitor your recordings then you have to select your playback soundcard to your internal mac soundcard. I believe the current soundcard for both playback and recording is your Yamaha mixer/audio interface. Since I haven't touched a mac in ages I can't really guide you where to find the exact menus as to change these settings. For reference on Windows it is, Settings>Control Panel>Sounds And Audio Devices. Then under the audio tab you can choose your input and output soundcards. I think you have to do these same settings under cubase's device setup as well.

You need to configure Audio Midi something something deep under Application -> Utilities folder in OS X. From there configure your I/O. Than your Cubase can start to work.

Under System Preference, you need to set something about Sound also.

Normally, USB Sound interface do not need to install driver in OS X.

This is the most unfriendly part of the whole OS X.

Back