Newbie looking for a new electric guitar

Ikko

So recently i got interested in playing the guitar, and decided to get myself a electric guitar :D

Any reccomendations for a newbie ?

I looked around online and saw that epiphone sells replicas of Les Paul and SG for cheaper, my budget around 200-400 dollars.

Would be great if it came in a package ( Amp,strap, bag, tuner, cables etc.)

Any reccomendations ?

I searched and narrowed down to this two

http://standardvalue.com.sg/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=417
http://standardvalue.com.sg/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=594

But it would also be awesome if someone can tell me other types and stuff, very much appreciated :)

Can someone also compare the abovementioned guitars ??

Thanks in advance :D

maybe you can look at what's avaialable at Swee Lee Katong & decide by Saturday...

swee+lee+katong+reno+sale.jpg

If u are looking at the special series of epiphone, u might want to wait for the sales at sweelee. As u might be able to get a sg-310 ard that price of the special. Not saying that the special is inferior in any way but i prefer the sg310.
Also try the classifieds here. Hunt for bang for buck guitars. Amp wise u can try standardvalue.
I feel that some amps are nicely priced such as the nux, mega amp, the mk amp (i just saw it last night) seems not bad too and sound drive.
Oh ya not to forget citymusic's cheap and good vox amps.

i recommend this because it's:

*within the same price bracket as the Epis
*in the outline which you prefer- singlecut design

that'll be a good move as well; it will free some funding for the amp/ effects unit for you. but be more meticulous when going about this route.

Hello Ikko,

pardon me if I seem to be too enterprising but I have a Rally GL-300 that is barely 3 months old, with new Pyramid strings and a pair of Tesla VR-60 pickups. I bought all these from SV and its really under-utilised. I bought this for my uncle to play when he drops by to jam but he only dropped by a few times since I bought this!

The guitar is all set up by Mike and is truly like new. I polish it weekly and use Dr Duck on the fingerboard each time too.

Here is a shot of the pickups:

IMAG0270.jpg

The original price of the guitar is $400, and the pickups were $180 before installation. I won't be asking for the sky, so hope you won't be asking for the basement! Please PM me if you're keen, ya? I'll send you more pics and details.

Cheers and happy shopping! :)

yeah i'm looking for a second-hand one preferably, will deal at your convenience, PM me with offers if possible :)

Epiphone is good for starting out. But you need to remember if you buy a special guitar,you can't expect too much from it, especially when you are expecting a good sound from your guitar. If you are determined to learn guitar, I would recommend you getting a LP or Sg standard so you dont have to make upgrades after 2 years of playing. But if you are tight on budget, I would recommend on an epiphone les paul se. Most importantly is the sound and the feel of the guitar. If you think the feel sucks, dont buy it. Invest in a guitar that you feel its comfortable to play, which will encourage you to keep playing and improving.

Sorry for the late reply but i dun really noe the diff btwn the g310 and the special besides the g310 having the pickguard.

Back