New To Sound recording.

Ahjon

Uhh.
I'm currently under a diploma of Sonic arts.
Which will be most probably be reproducing and producing sound and maybe recording as well.

I'm interested in this kind of area as well but i'm not very sure what kind of knowledge i need to be equiped for this aspect.
do i need much music theory or maybe some read up of recording technologies?
I play keyboard and guitar btw.

shall we all discuss here?

I'm wondering what kind of jobs will i be doing and where can i find jobs related to my diploma.

Ahjon

where are you doing this course? since you do play music, you might find it interesting to record your own music. making it sound as good as those you find in the cd store.

why did you sign up for this course since you dont really know what you are getting into?

I do know myself that what i am getting into.
As i had posted, will be doing recording stuffs.producing/reproducing audio.

Im currently in republic poly and i'm only pondering on what skills i need to be equiped for my course ya.

i dono if RP sonic arts is good. do tell us more about the course thou.

however i think their audition are quite crappy. well i know it cos i saw it. i don really know what they are looking for.
i don really like RP too as the first year you have to do a course which is similar to everyone in the school. is that right?

Taking the sonic arts course open you to the fields of recording and all , but you must know what you want to do.if you want to make music use these skill that you learn and create music. however if you wanna be a sound technician sound acoustic den its another thing.

my friend samantha is inside this course. dono if you would had know her. she told me you guys get to major in either acoustic or 2 other topics right?

if you play the keyboard well it will be a big advantage as a arranger as you can do ur demo's easier. however they are other aspects as well. you got to know more about softwares, how to edit it etc.

what matters most is what you want to do. do you want to perform? arrange? write songs? or just help up in a jamming studio, be a live sound technician etc, the job scope is very big and you will not be able to learn everything in SONIC ARTS, you have to furthur read stuff up urself, and do lots and lots of prastice.

good luck and work hard :)

Back