new amp

empro

hi.... i just bought a laney hcm30.... there is this warning thing saying this appliance must be earthed... what does it mean ?

It means that if you get it with a power plug not meant for our wall socket (3-pin UK type), Just change the head to our 3-pin plug.

Most amps come with 2-pin european kind of plug.

mikemann said:
It means that if you get it with a power plug not meant for our wall socket (3-pin UK type), Just change the head to our 3-pin plug.

Most amps come with 2-pin european kind of plug.

So amps from UK can be use here :?:

Can... as long as they are 220-240V appliances. You can certainly use them here, without getting a voltage converter.

empro said:
hi.... i just bought a laney hcm30.... there is this warning thing saying this appliance must be earthed... what does it mean ?

It means you have to bury the amp in the ground. Kidding :)

mikemann said:
Can... as long as they are 220-240V appliances. You can certainly use them here, without getting a voltage converter.

How abt Europe?Theres this Stepdown transformer in 230V @ TAD which i wanted to buy actually.

oh.... i didnt convert to 3 pin......... but i plug it into a plug thing.... which is 3 pin..... but when i off my amp there is this pop sound.... and buzzing very badly.... volume at 2 only

same prob i had with my previous roland cube 30 amp. basically u gotta cut the wires and change your plug into a 3 pin plug. problem solved thereafter...hope it works for you too. cheers

turtlemuscle said:
europe uses the same voltage supply as singapore.

actually, if i'm not wrong, almost the whole world uses the same voltage supply as singapore, except for america. wonder why... :roll:

Hmm

I bought a Laney HCM-10 & I encountered the same thang as empro, but I jus plug it in with a multi-plug head & everything goes well for me. Now the amp is roaring like the way it was built to roar!! Rock on...

Sorry to hijack thread, I gt a Behringer V-amp2. But it is in 2 pin. Is it okay to change it to a 3-pin? Since it is a multi efx. Any tips?

Sorry again

Effects normally uses "wall-wart" kind of power supply. Other names includes transformer adaptor or low voltage transformer. Such power supply normally only have a 2-core wire to the mains socket only. Mostly there is no provision to wire it to earth anyway.

These devices are normally manufactured not to require earthing, as the isolation is sufficient by itself. Noise is normally come from the pickup device itself. If you experience noise, try isolating it on your guitar end.

When you plug such device to an earthed appliance, like your amp. You would provide it an earth point via the common in your signal lead.

So no need to find way to earth such devices.

ehhh.............. so its not earthed then it will produce noise ? anyone know where can i get it changed to a 3 pin plug ? and how much it will cost ? thanks !

Latest posts

Back