Network Marketing/Multi Level Marketing/Pyramid Selling etc

Although I sincerely have nothing about MLM but I fact that I am utterly disgusted in the way in which they put the theory of MLM into practical together with human sentiments of course.

From a businessmen's point of view , he/she obviously has no choice but to adopt such dirty business tactics because it definitely beats doing door to door sales when the rejection rate is always very high.

But I feel that I am just being used.

I heard from my mom that my elder cousin (and another soon to be) has been brainwashed by this entire MLM theory in order to obtain financial freedom.

Like someone mentioned , some of them stay on and try to sell their products because they have been brainwashed into thinking that they can obtain total financial freedom in MLM which they may never ever get.

I also read from Law Gazette that in order for MLM to be legal , one of the factors of it is to prove that the product is indeed sold at it's cost price which I don't think so because like what MLM is all about , feeding from bottom to the top of the pyramid through commission earned from every sale.

Actually I was thinking whether I should get the Newpaper involved in this. To get them to conduct a sting operation into such companies that is but I'm wondering whether such an action is within the legal constrains of the law?

Mingguan :

My so called senior colleague is quiting his polytechnic studies to pursue his MLM job full time because he believes that bringing back money for the family is much more important and superior that bringing home a certificate at the end of the day. I really feel sorry for him but then again he is over 21 years of age and he is responsible for whatever happens in his life....

But then again comes my question. What if you are given the golden handshake after 1-2 years of service? Won't that be a complete waste of time? You quit school to pursue a job that pays you big bucks and only to be given the golden handshake after 1-2 years of service. Considering the fact that the senior managers only took a mere 11 months to reach to the highest rank. Surely one cannot hold on to the senior manager's post for a few years right?

sigh...

different people different thinking...

As I don't like MLM, thus I also won't go to ask finantial detail my friends those who do it full time...

In fact, I no more close with them since they do it fulltime...

Yeah, this tread should not be on soft, but since it got on, might as well make the best of it. Since actual accounts of such things will inform others.

Julius, you are very lucky you are very young when you encountered such an experience. It will be a valuable one that you will treasure for the rest of your life. Just one facet of the evil of man. I am sure you are a little more wiser from this episode.

Imagine if you are in your 40s, just got retrenched, with about $50K to your name. You are in the highest risk category. Likely you will get fleeced by these people, go broke in the end and maybe owe credit card debt in excess of $20K. Every month you need about $2K to maintain your family, housing and vehicle loan.

Just bear in mind, there is no such thing as easy money. One person loss is anothers gain.

If you can make it big in MLM or pyramid, you probably don't need to be in it to make it well. You should be well off in any sector.

It's all about the greed.

Anyways my classmate called me yesterday and as usual it had something to do with that company again. This time they are having a promotion period whereby you buy one magnetic mattress , you get another one free.... :lol:

Somehow I just feel that something is really amiss or in any case suspicious in MLM. Everything seemed too good to be true and with this always comes with a catch. The very fact is that I see a lot of people my age who are involved in this and not to forget "brainwashed" as well really makes me sigh in disbelief and like what mikemann has mentioned , imagine they get retrenched and owe numourous amounts of debts for different kinds of loans....

I think young people like us always like to find the easiest way out of life and this is exceptionally so when it comes to the topic of financial income. I just feel that although big bucks can be made through MLM but the process of realising the scarcity of money is forgone.

They earn big bucks but they may not know how much one must slog to earn a living and as such they fail to realise the true value of money.

hence why I dun believe in MLM, Pyramid selling or time share.... oh and property agents who call my house at ungodly hours and 8) kena "F" by me chalat2...

I went to this type of things before..I still remember the guy telling me:" Do u want to drive a BMW by the age of 25? Do you want to earn money jus by shaking leg at home?" :lol: he then continued to bugged me for more than 2 hours, even though i kept saying no. Just remember this simple rule: "If IT Sounds Too Good to BE True, then it is most probably a scam"

Really?! Cause I was being told the exact same thing as well. When I told them that my interest never was with cars and that my real interest lies in music , they gave me a weird frown.... :x

Anyways somehow I feel that it is indeed a scam BUT within the context of the legal law. That means they are not doing anything illegal but it is still a scam. Like if you wanna sue them over an issue , it might mostly be the plaintiff's fault to be involved in such activities and not the defendent (which is the company).

Got a message from this lady in friendster who was from a particular Multi Level Marketing company. You have to read it from bottom to top. Top being the most recent post by me.

I wrote :

>>>>First of all , you lied to me.
I asked you whether it is multi level marketing or not and you said NO.
Enyouth is a multi level marketing company. Your company's CEO was featured on channel U. The highest rank of the company is SDO. You guys hold frequent seminars and "promotion ceremonies" at your company's auditorium. Your company is located along Carpenter Street.
Secondly the reason why I left your company is because of unethnical business tactics that you guys employ. One being forcing me to tell lies to my so called "network" which you obviously did to me right under my nose.
If you should take this as an offence in the name of MLM , I would like to clearify with you that I have nothing against the theory of MLM. It seems very promising to me indeed but the way in which you guys put MLM from theory into practical really disgusts me. Taking advantage of human sentiments when trying to make a sale.

Which of the 2 would you be most concerned about (being an MLM agent)?

1) Your commission?

OR

2) Trying to save the world?

Thirdly , you mentioned that your company posted an ad on the newspapers looking for people? Enyouth does NOT conduct interviews because its a MLM company. It is based solely on people's social network and with MLM you DON"T NEED newspaper advertisements. So please , stop lying to me in the name of MLM. If you would have told me the entire truth that you are from a MLM company without any form of hidden agendas involved , I would not have a bad impression of you. Although I would just reject your offer , at least you honestly tell me the truth with no strings attached.

Then I would like to ask you this question.....

Since your company has been around for 7 years and it only look the SDOs about a mere 11 months to reach to the highest rank in the company , what happened to the more senior managers?

Oh by the way , I'm 18 years old and not 19. Your company just recently changed their recruitment policy

Thank you and good luck with your MLM.

Qi wrote:>

enyouth

Julius wrote:> >

What is the name of your company?

Qi wrote:> > >

nope!!! Y? u also went to MLM co. be4??=)

Julius wrote:> > > >

Multi Level Marketing I presume?

Qi wrote:> > > > >

hi..i noe it's v strange. but juz wan drop by n ask u whether u wan earn extra $ or nt?me n my partner planning to expand our biz so nd more manpower.we tried post on newspaper but end up all ppl cm for interview is nt as we expected.if u interested earning extra $, do reply me.=)

What a long post. I din read more than 5 lines in this thread..
Nothing new or surprising actually. With this thread, I also urge people to be aware of Timeshare, Internet Ponzi, Nigerian scams...

MLM, Internet Ponzi does work.. The former takes effort, tremendous in fact and lotsa conscious wayanging. The latter takes accuracy and timing..

Timeshare and Nigerian, never seen it work. Taking the former shows how ignorant a person is. Taking the latter could even cost your life..

I gone to this website where they pay u cash for reading emails. Basically the advertisers pay u for looking at their adverts. Is this MLM. Personally I think not as long as u do not pay a cent at all. If u are selling their product then I can agree it is MLM

Firstly, ask the person what his or her company is selling. If he cannot give you a conclusive product with a physical sample of the mentioned product, it's a scam. It's also illegal. Quite common nowadays.

There's no easy way to make quick money. Quick money isnt easy. Easy money isnt quick to get.

Latest posts

Back