Need help on basic home recording setup.

Valentin0

Hi guys,

I'm considering buying either both the H4 or H4N . But i'm not sure which one to choose. Any advice ?

I mainly wanna record some sample of my own song and i will use the H4 or H4N as an AUDIO INTERFACE. Not going to record using the mic recorder. Any advice guys ?

Or you guys have better idea ? My budget is below $400. So, i need help on how can i start recording my own song sample. My song has electric guitar ,acoustic guitar, and vocal track only. No drum . We might add the bass too. How/What should i do ?

I hope you guys could help me finding the best recording devices i should consider buying and any mic recommendation ? Thank you ! Hope to hear from you guys soon.

I have a mac and my daw is GarageBand.

My number:81576012

Last edited:
welcome to soft!

H4 is discontinued already
H4n is the new hoohah

H4n's features are superior compared to H4 , the only thing that makes H4 appealing now is you can probably get it 2nd hand at around $200+++ if anyone's selling, cos $200 for audio interface, 2 inputs OR 2 mics is a pretty way to look at it.

citymusic is selling at $400+ if your budget can stretch another piece of blue yusof ishak photo more.
OR like I just mentioned, 2nd hand H4

it will be ideal for your purpose as you'll be recording vocals with the onboard mics. acoustic guitar/bass etc either with onboard mic or bass.

check out "My Love (Acoustic)" on The Sallys 's myspace which I recorded purely with the old zoom H4 (vocals/acoustic guitars - onboard mics, bass direct input) but it's mixed so don't be mislead that it's just going to sound like that direct plugged.

when you decide to invest in a better/cost efficient vocal mic, I highly suggest Audio Technica AT2020 (XLR version) at around $160 cos I'm ab-using it for every/anything.

hope this helps!

Tone port studio ux2 or the older version with mics and cables can never go wrong for starting out. just plug in cables and guitar and straight recording it with software guitar simulation, same goes to bass. It will cost u around the same price ( including cheaper range of condenser mics ) for ur vocals

Back