My Rant. Seriously pisses me off.

Praetorian

I was telling a "friend" that many excellent, famous and amazing guitarists were coming to town.

Me: "Neil Zaza, Gary Hoey, Nuno Bettencourt, etc"

Him: "Who the F**K are those?"

So I told him about Neil Zaza and Gary Hoey. Then.

Me: "Nuno Bettencourt is widely regarded as an excellent guitarists, and one of the best in the world."

Him: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA"

Me: "What?"

Him: "I don't even KNOW that fool! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA! And you say he's one of the BEST?! AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

*Take note: He has been playing for about 2 months, and his knowledge of guitarists is limited to Vai, Satch, Malmsteen and Alexi Laiho.*

Me: "If you would open your damned ears, you would know."

Him: "Suuuuuure! After all, he is the BEST! AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!"

Ok, my point is, what the hell. Is there anybody more ignorant and arrogant than that? Come on. Just because you don't KNOW him doesn't mean he's not good. I mean, what the hell, man. Just, WHAT THE HELL. You know how much it pisses me off when a fool like that idiot acts like he knows everything, and scoffs, laughs at guitarists like Bettencourt and Zaza?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just what the hell is this world coming to? Ignorant, arrogant *(@%#@^&*#$%*@&^$#*@&^$@&^@#

Er, it's not as bad as it seeems in your case.
In the commercial world, people don't listen to the greatest artist if he'she doesn't have a music video. Or even airplay
Kids blindly think that XXX brand of guitar is the best cos on the MTV, their artist uses it. And it's not even plugged into the amp on the MTV!
Face it man.

cover his mouth and cut his throat, when he's lying on the ground, you say "yes he is the best! HAHAHAHAHA!" and then you do the yngwie walk off..

u'll always have greats, and u'll always have posers. in every single community. just try and ignore him lo.

Colarndo said:
Er, it's not as bad as it seeems in your case.
In the commercial world, people don't listen to the greatest artist if he'she doesn't have a music video. Or even airplay
Kids blindly think that XXX brand of guitar is the best cos on the MTV, their artist uses it. And it's not even plugged into the amp on the MTV!
Face it man.

Exactly. Thats what pisses me off. :evil:

Unfortunately, people like that do exist. And such events can really drive us to the edge especially when it concerns our music, something we indulge in, something we CANNOT live without.

I've gotta admit I've never heard of Zaza until SweeLee brought him in to do the Cort Clinic. I remember going, who is he? And assuming Cort was an inferior brand :oops: I'm sure many of us thought that way too, but we don't go shitting on the heads of others.

Well in anycase, take it easy man, the kid probably hasn't grown up, lack of exposure to the real music world might be the real cause of him acting and behaving like that.

yeah prae i understand what u mean..fortunately my friends are all open minded and listen as i introduce good and influential guitarists...friends like yours are prob those snobbish rich brats who own a lp std or US strat for a first guitar kind eh...

Jem007 said:
yeah prae i understand what u mean..fortunately my friends are all open minded and listen as i introduce good and influential guitarists...friends like yours are prob those snobbish rich brats who own a lp std or US strat for a first guitar kind eh...

He owns a KKV. First guitar. And an ORIGINAL 80's Fender. He thinks he is so damned good. Everybody else is inferior. ARGH.

anyway has anyone gotten their marty friedman clinic tix? hurry go get..me and my new found friend at sweelee today were the first two to get the front row aisle seats...WOOHOO!!! 25 bucks hurry grab them!!

exactly..can guess one la their pattern..he thinks he's so bad ass eh..kerry king V..can he even do a simple slayer rhythm..

Jem007 said:
anyway has anyone gotten their marty friedman clinic tix? hurry go get..me and my new found friend at sweelee today were the first two to get the front row aisle seats...WOOHOO!!! 25 bucks hurry grab them!!

Lol friend, off topic right? Lets give Praetorian some space man and stick to the main topic :D

i have exactly the same sentiments....everyone is like vai and satch and they overlook many relatively unknown talents...

if ur a serious fan of guitar instrumental music pls do yourself a favour by heading down to clairvoyant and get neil zaza's staring at the sun and melodica albums. ull find urself humming or whistling to the tunes for many weeks to come...

not only has he got great sense of melody and songwriting, he also has the techincal fury to satisfy any michael angelo fans...

go check out what this highly rated guitarist is all about! get yourself a new guitar hero today!!!!!

Jem007 said:

Ehhh bro, abit off topic right... =/

Back